2.5 BB no bump stops

Tackerdown

Banned
I'm going to a park sunday but my son can't make it so i thought I switch wheels with him for the day but with out bump stop whats the worst that could happen? His wheels already have the proper back spacing and 35's. I think he a has what would be 1.75 back spacing for a stock wheel.Just wondering if I might rip off a fender.
Thanks Tom

ninjajmoney

I am no expert but I think you would be OK . I think your only concern would be to watch how much you stuff your wheels. :idontknow:

Tackerdown

Banned
These trails we are doing arent anything crazy but I'm sure I could flex the whole way a few times. Hopefully bottoming out your shocks once or twice wont ruin them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While bump stop extensions will help prevent you from bottoming out your shocks and help prevent rubbing at a full flex, another main purpose of having them is to help prevent the over compression of your coils. In other words, if you flex out too much and long enough, you could run the risk of compressing your coils to the point where they do not return to their original height.

Tackerdown

Banned
While bump stop extensions will help prevent you from bottoming out your shocks and help prevent rubbing at a full flex, another main purpose of having them is to help prevent the over compression of your coils. In other words, if you flex out too much and long enough, you could run the risk of compressing your coils to the point where they do not return to their original height.

Damn wouldn't that de shame. Sorry honey I'm going to have to get that lift a little sooner.:D
One a serious note thanks for clearing that up for me.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

budget boost and factory bump stops.
2013-02-11154253.jpg

2013-02-11154234.jpg

my back spacing is 3.5 with a 35x12.5

Top Bottom