Lone Pine Weekend Alone

2rescue01

Great pics as always! FYI, the glass bottle with the pills looks just like the old military issue iodine tablets used for water purification.

RubiconRon

The following day was so beautiful, we just couldn't head back for home without doing some more exploring first. Here's a shot looking east across the Panamint Valley...

Okay you guys totally rock! Thank you for sharing!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

jelliott076

Eddie,
Which mining towns were those that you visited? I'm doing a trip through Inyo next weekend and wanted to take my kid to some of these places...while they still exist.

...Oops --Saw Defense Mine after the fact in the pictures.

Beautiful pictures. You guys never disappoint.

Josh

Last edited:

1BAMFR

Awesome pics Eddie!

2 Questions....

Which Jeep do you like driving better?

Do you carry a pistol when doing treks like this? Seems you could run into some unwanted company out there by yourself.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Eddie,

Awesome Pict's...

Are the pict's of the mine shaft, can you see Owens lake bed from there? I was trying to see where you are at. I know there is an old mining ghost town up there. The road starts near east side of lake about the middle (Salfate road). Or am I way off?

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Thanks for sharing Eddie! Its great that you two post up like this. I get to see parts of history that I may otherwise possibly never get the chance to see in person.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Enjoyed viewing your pics. Looked like a sweet trip. My wife and I will travel and let time get away and realize how far out we drove and have to turn around. Time does fly when you are having fun.

Top Bottom