Stock Gas Mileage

Drunic

Stock Sahara 2013 with hard top and heavy steel bumper I get 20 mpg on a 60mi daily commute going 65 on the hwy at 35 psi. When my tires were 31ish psi it was 17mpg. So far tire pressure and clean oil are the biggest contributors I've noticed. I need to move closer to work to get bigger tires!

Chairokey

How long does it normally take for the 3.6 to get broken in? Maybe the engine is still just to new. :idontknow:

My 2012 I noticed a big difference at around 5k. Just seemed to open up. But that was a 6 speed. Now I got an auto 2013. Not sure if it'll be the same

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I have a 2012 with 3:21's :icon_crazy: was getting avg 18 around town and 21 to 22 on hwy. Its all changed now the I have the cylinder head problem and Jeep needs to replace it here soon, parts on back order. Avg about 14. to 15 mpg now :mad: P.s. I drive like an old man well I am old but I dont want anyone to know that. Is 44 old :thinking:

Bigfoot

With a 2007 JKUR with a manual transmission (on 32" stock tires) I used to get 17.5 mpg on my daily commute which is a mix of city and country road. One way is 10 miles.

Now I have installed an aFe cold air intake and it looks like the gas mileage went up to 18.8 mpg on the same commute. I have to say that at the same time I have also installed a Superchips Trail Dash but I kept the performance level at the stock setting just to see what the air intake does.

On highways I was able to maximize the gas mileage at 55 to 60 mph (21 mpg with stock air intake). Going faster than that would reduce the mpg quickly. I will install 35" tires soon and see if that would allow for a higher speed at the same mpg.

Last edited:

marshrat

I don't know on the break-in duration. I'm really starting to wonder if something is wrong. Everyone mileage is way better. Ill check at the pump soon. Maybe the computer is off. Haven't hit the jeep with the procal yet.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using WAYALIFE mobile app

cuongdyna

When my JKUR was still stock with 4.10 gears and 4000 miles Odometer. I want on a day trip from Los Angeles to Santa Barbara than to Pismo and back home. I put on about 374 miles and 19.4 gal to fuel it up. That 19.2 mpg hand Calculated I can't Believe it!

gtony12

Caught the Bug
When my JKUR was still stock with 4.10 gears and 4000 miles Odometer. I want on a day trip from Los Angeles to Santa Barbara than to Pismo and back home. I put on about 374 miles and 19.4 gal to fuel it up. That 19.2 mpg hand Calculated I can't Believe it!

That's good!! I know my best range was 309 mile on one tank. But, haven't been able to do that again. @ 21.4 mpg

JAGS

Hooked
I found with my 2012 and 4.10 that my MPGs improved with bigger tires (i.e. 315s duratracs). IMHO if you are running 4.10s and stock tires I think you'll do a little worse than the "posted" MPGs.

^^^Good to see this. My MPG sucks. But I also do most of my driving in short distances and city. I average about 15mpg since last June. Stock JKUR with 4.10s. I read a while back before I got my jeep that the sweet spot for 4.10s is 35 tires. So your post is in line with that.

But hey, I didn't get the Jeep for mpgs. I would have gotten an accord or "car." I knew what I was getting....a low mpg, convertible, offroad, 4dr vehicle. Not very many like that out there. Vroom vroom.

ALRydr

I'm only getting around 14.8 in my '13 JKUR based on pump calculations. The computer actually tracks within .2 to .4 mpg on most tanks. I've got the auto transmission and am bone stock right now. If I drive her extremely easy I can get up to just over 16, but I don't see that too much. My old '07 JKUR w/ a 6 speed and running 35's averaged about 2 mpg better than my new one is.

my_jk

I'm only getting around 14.8 in my '13 JKUR based on pump calculations. The computer actually tracks within .2 to .4 mpg on most tanks. I've got the auto transmission and am bone stock right now. If I drive her extremely easy I can get up to just over 16, but I don't see that too much. My old '07 JKUR w/ a 6 speed and running 35's averaged about 2 mpg better than my new one is.

I got 14 out of my stock JKUR.

Punisher417

i have a 2012 auto jku rubi with 4.10s on 35"s and i average about 13-14 city and 15-16 hwy, i have not recalibrated my speedo yet though. i hate these mps now :mad: and im at a bit over 29k miles.

PayDro

I've got a 2008 JKU automatic; Bought it back in Aug of last year with 52K miles on it. I put about 5000 miles on it, and it always had a strange "whine" from the rear diff, so I went and had it checked out, and the pinion and bearing were replaced, as well as the catalytic converter (still under warranty!) I was getting about 16-17MPG before the work

Since that time, I've put about 3000 miles, and my MPG went up to 20-21!! I drive about 30 miles per work day, and I go between 40-60 mph, with a few lights along the way.

My :twocents:

Top Bottom