Stock Gas Mileage

Chairokey

Hey guys I did a search and i might have just missed it, but I'm curious as to what normal gas mileage is for a stock 2013 sport unlimited should be. I looked online and it shows that it should be 16 in town and 21 on the highway. My commute to work is roughly 20 miles. I've got 3 stops along the way, but in between stops i'm driving 70 mph and averaging 16.1 mpg. does this seem normal? I haven't went on any road trips to give it a real test. Just curious if this stands out as abnormal to anyone before i begin my trip from TX to Alaska o_O

RubiconRon

Hey guys I did a search and i might have just missed it, but I'm curious as to what normal gas mileage is for a stock 2013 sport unlimited should be. I looked online and it shows that it should be 16 in town and 21 on the highway. My commute to work is roughly 20 miles. I've got 3 stops along the way, but in between stops i'm driving 70 mph and averaging 16.1 mpg. does this seem normal? I haven't went on any road trips to give it a real test. Just curious if this stands out as abnormal to anyone before i begin my trip from TX to Alaska o_O

I get 15.5 to 17 on the highway doing 65 to 70 (set on cruz) I only have 1300 miles on it, and run 315/70/17's set at 35lbs. Hope it helps, 1363059752183.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
3.73 with a SC 91 tune

LOL! That was question for the OP, but good to know. :thumb:

I found with my 2012 and 4.10 that my MPGs improved with bigger tires (i.e. 315s duratracs). IMHO if you are running 4.10s and stock tires I think you'll do a little worse than the "posted" MPGs.

StrizzyChris

I found with my 2012 and 4.10 that my MPGs improved with bigger tires (i.e. 315s duratracs). IMHO if you are running 4.10s and stock tires I think you'll do a little worse than the "posted" MPGs.

Thats good to hear! Gonna run 35's on my 4.10's on the trip...maybe thatll help :fingerscrossed: 2500 miles Ill take any help I can get :icon_crazy:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Thats good to hear! Gonna run 35's on my 4.10's on the trip...maybe thatll help :fingerscrossed: 2500 miles Ill take any help I can get :icon_crazy:

I admit I'm not that diligent with the numbers, but I'd be curious to see what you get in yours. BTW 37s are a whole new ball game. LOL!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Where are you coming out to? For work or vacation?

I am getting 15.5-15.9 right now with 2 days on the 35's since my fill up. 3.73's

StrizzyChris

Where are you coming out to? For work or vacation?

I am getting 15.5-15.9 right now with 2 days on the 35's since my fill up. 3.73's

Gonna be back in the Lake Forest/Mission/Laguna area again, but no plans for work as of now...I'll probably work since ill be stir crazy doing nothing.

dchew

Caught the Bug
I was in the 16's with a stock 2013 Unlimited Rubicon (4.10). It did improve a bit after the first 2000 miles; if I remember right something like 16.2 up to 16.8.

Dave

DMFNJ24601

I am running 3.73 gears and 33in tires. Get anywhere from 17 to 18mpg city driving and have gotten up to 26mpg on the highway on a long haul. I am not looking forward to loosing this mpg when I regear and go to 37in tires.

marshrat

I have 33's and 3.73. My average is 12.6 based on the computer. I drive like an old man and my commute is 10 minutes from my house. I have 500 miles on my jeep. I haven't even drove it on the highway yet just because I drive to work and back home. Is the mileage I'm getting normal? Are you guys figuring off the computer or at the pump?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using WAYALIFE mobile app

JethroJK

My 2012 stock JKUR manual, 4.10s I average 18 by computer with my SoftTop on. Hardtop I get 16-17. I have found running around 55-60 @ 2000 rpm I get around 20 by computer. Going to by interesting when I am on 35s.

MVSicari

Normal days with traffic I get about 17mpg. Drove from NC to NJ (550 mi) mostly highway and averaged about 20mpg I wanna say. I Was getting 23-24mpg at 55mph but once the speed jumped up to 70ish it dropped pretty quick. I own a 2012 JK Sport 6 Speed, stock 17" wheels and tires

Top Bottom