Cobra 29 CB Radio Jeep JK Wrangler Installation Write-Up

AlStew

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419201892.496462.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419202175.422981.jpg
Finished up my install today. I routed my coax cable, installed my teraflex antenna mount and the Firestik 2. Tried to make a few dash mounts and I hated them so I got this bracket from quadratec and I would definitely recommend to others.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
that helps a ton! thank you

yeah i didn't understand what the 3/8 x 1/2 bolt was for either. if it is for the circle end of the coax cable it seems like a waste for when i have to buy the coaxial termination for antenna mount isn't that going to come with one too?

WOW this is amazing! thank you so much for taking the time to do this! here is a picture of the inside. let me know if you need any others? also A and B are 2 pieces.
View attachment 115764

:thinking:
Ok so try this, take A & B apart
Slide B over C (cable), Then
Put D (Grommet) on cable, insert C into A
Now Slide B up and connect
I believe this should make up the connection and insert assembly into
Rear of CB Antenna port and screw on firmly. This should be it. Let me know how this works out!:thumb:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Rear of CB Antenna port and screw on firmly. This should be it. Let me know how this works out!:thumb:

Thank you. i will be getting this put together tomorrow. and then hopefully installed on the CB next week. i will let you know how it turns out.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug

Ok I got it all set up and soldered together. Tested the connection and everything checked out. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419357110.177249.jpg

AlStew

Is the Firestik short enough so you can leave the rear glass open while driving? I'm assuming that's a two foot antenna.

No you can't leave the rear glass open while driving.

Trail JK hooked me up with a quick disconnect. So I'm going to install that after I figure out a way to keep the spring in the quick release from launching 5ft trying to disconnect it.

georgi.photo

I know this an older post, but I have been up all night looking for something this specific with a good visual representation. Thanks.

JudeinPa

8. Pull your CB antenna coax cable through the hole in your Jeep’s tailgate?

What is the best method to route the coax cable through the rubber grommet? I am sure you don't want to slice the grommet and the ring is impossible to push through it. My firestik cable is comming in Monday and wanted to ask before I run the cable.

Personally I was thinking of running the coax cable through the rear vent but this may not be a good option as if any water enters where the cable is running it may cause water to build up in the tailgate.

Last edited:

JudeinPa

I guess I should have waited to ask that question as my Firestik K-8R18 18 foot Fire-Flex coax cable with Fire-Ring came with the PL259 adapter detached. Just need to stretch the grommet and feed the cable through.

So simple a caveman can do it!:doh:

Top Bottom