What's your JK weigh

daveroberts

Ever wonder what your Jk weighs? We build these rigs with rock sliders, bumpers, winches, spare tire carriers, and all this other stuff that does not take weight off it adds and adds and adds. Then you begin to think do you have axels and so on to support the added weight and stress of larger tires. You know what comes next..... new Dynatracs! In my experience they are not lighter than the stock stuff you end up taking off. Some of the guys on this forum know my rig but for those that don't its built with the intention of surviving most if not all of the punishment I can dish out. It will break some day that i am sure of, what will break who knows. Some guys might want to change this or that but it works for me. So today as get close to being ready for Moab I decided to roll it across the scales and see what number comes up. The result surprised me a little. To be honest I guessed the weight to be higher. I was thinking of sending ol Kermit to Jenny Craig or weight watchers but I'm happy with what I've got. Until you guys come back with rigs significantly less than mine😳. So here you guys go, let's see yours!

Fighting out of Broomfield Colorado in all green at a stealth 6182lbs the defending and reining champ of nothing! Kermit!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363718061.901970.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
Do we have to be in the jeep when it gets weighed? :thinking:

'cause that's just not fair for some of us. :cheesy:

daveroberts

5800Lb fully loaded with spares
49% front
51% rear
It has a few accessories

View attachment 20418

Haha, I somehow knew you would chime in on this one! You and I had this discusion in the shop, thats why I weighed mine. I better get a reservation to Jenny Craig. Mine was 1/4 tank of fuel, small amount of spares and tools but all the trail gear. I did end up with the same front to rear as you and found that a little interesting and also the left to right was 50/50 even with the fuel all on the right side. The real crappy part here is that you are double my horsepower too! Mine is at least a good reference for most guys that don't have access to scales.

munstie

Rig still looks great Dave, and my boy still talks about your Jeep after meeting and talking with you in Terra Haute and Perrysburg. He keeps asking when ours is gonna be that built, all I can say is one day.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

daveroberts

Rig still looks great Dave, and my boy still talks about your Jeep after meeting and talking with you in Terra Haute and Perrysburg. He keeps asking when ours is gonna be that built, all I can say is one day.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

It was great meeting you guys(both times haha). If you ever get out this way make sure you give me shout!:thumb:

Top Bottom