Off-Roading in Northern VA

Miss Boss

Anyone know of any spots to go wheeling around the NOVA area?

While I'm not 100% sure... here's what I've found on the forum(s) - not really anything in NOVA. I did find on one forum (somewhere) that there is some private property near Leesburg, but couldn't find out anything more about it and how to request permission to use it. PA has Rausch Creek and if you check out some of the other threads, you'll see a group just went up there this past weekend and trying to plan and East Coast Suds and Grub(SnG - basically a meet and greet) out there soon! MD has Assateague Island, but I don't think it's much in the way of wheeling (at least not compared to what I've seen). There's the George Washington National Forest which I've seen on a few forums, but never been so I'm not sure what it's all about. Just keep reading threads on the forum and you'll see people talk about where they're wheeling and upcoming events.

Here's a link to the thread about the East Coast SnG plan in the works and welcome to the forum! :standing wave:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?6062-East-Coast-Suds-and-Grub&referrerid=5083

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Soldiers Pass is a fun trail in the GWNF. I did it stock in my Rubi 4dr. It gets narrow so some brush will be giving you minor clear coat pin striping. It's out near Charlottesville. Legal to wheel, unless it's seasonally closed, which it should not be since it's April now. It's closed in the winter months. There is also Flag Pole, that you could really do in 2wd, it's that easy. But it's scenic. And fun when under 6" of snow.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I think a really cool "JK Experience" type run for you guys on the East Coast would be to start either North or South and make a run to all if the old Civil War battlefields. When I was stationed at Ft. Bragg we made a trip to one and it was actually a very very neat experience.

If you can't walk my beat unarmed, maybe you should consider becoming a police officer.

Miss Boss

Soldiers Pass is a fun trail in the GWNF. I did it stock in my Rubi 4dr. It gets narrow so some brush will be giving you minor clear coat pin striping. It's out near Charlottesville. Legal to wheel, unless it's seasonally closed, which it should not be since it's April now. It's closed in the winter months. There is also Flag Pole, that you could really do in 2wd, it's that easy. But it's scenic. And fun when under 6" of snow.

I'd like to go check out flag pole this weekend (thinking Sunday). Any(one) interested in going?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom