Tire Installation Cost...?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I paid $99 out the door for 5 35's mounted and balanced. I was told $20 a tire so I made out with an extra dollar I guess. That is without TPMS which I think is $5 more per tire.

TwtPunk08JK

My 37"s were $19 per tire until they realized they were ATX Slabs, it got upped to $25 per tire. $125 for 5 tires on beadlocks ain't bad.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

StrizzyChris

I got mine done for 15/tire for original removed and for new mounted and balanced. That was by a ma and pop alignment shop near my home town in Ohio. I would suggest calling small shops and/or semi rest stop stops by the highway. A lot of truck stop boys will do it on the side for $50 cash if you stop by and talk to them in person.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I got mine done for 15/tire for original removed and for new mounted and balanced. That was by a ma and pop alignment shop near my home town in Ohio. I would suggest calling small shops and/or semi rest stop stops by the highway. A lot of truck stop boys will do it on the side for $50 cash if you stop by and talk to them in person.

I would rather pay $100 to Discount tire and get life time balancing and rotation.

StrizzyChris

I would rather pay $100 to Discount tire and get life time balancing and rotation.

To each their own...just my opinion. I always have, and always will, rotate my own tires so I can inspect my tires every time. And I have never had tires balanced other than the first time they were installed. Maybe I have always been lucky and havent needed it :idontknow: And I like to support the local/small guy too :thumb:

:hmm: lol.

jelliott076

Yeah, the life time balancing and rotation makes that 75mile drive Tackerdown has to do worth it. I'm getting some mean death wobble, probably a result of poor balancing. I'm bringing it in today if I have time. Free stuff always beats dropping a $100.

Tackerdown

Banned
Yeah, the life time balancing and rotation makes that 75mile drive Tackerdown has to do worth it. I'm getting some mean death wobble, probably a result of poor balancing. I'm bringing it in today if I have time. Free stuff always beats dropping a $100.

I do my own rotation but the balance issue does seem to be a good benefit . I've never had a balance issue ever before knock on wood. I'm a newbie to Wheeling so maybe this is a more frequent occurrence . I don't know.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tabers

I have actually had a little luck with this ... go to a smaller tire shop (mom and pop place) and ask any tech to throw them on and hold out $40 ... 99% of the time he will ask you to come back after hours or on his break ... done it with 3 different places around town and seems to work great ... no free Rotate and Balance though....

Top Bottom