Poison Spyder Bumpers and Armor

KingCopperhead

The brawler lite was my first mod on my JK. Absolutely love it. Purchased mine through northridge4x4, using our forum discount code. I passed on the powder coating option, and used four cans of zinc enriched primer, three cans of semi flat black paint ( which looked like ass) and then four cans of duplicolor bedliner, which was super easy to put on. I passed on the powder coat because I live in the rust belt and wanted easy touch ups. If you opt to paint yours be sure to spend a lot of time with prep. Google how to paint a poison spyder bumper and you'll get some great diy guides online.

Love how mine came out.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1406230818185.jpg
    1406230818185.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 345

Clem319

It did turn out nice. I just think the raw steel looks cool and different, but don't want them to rust

DMF

I love the PS bumpers and armor. It looks awesome and seems very well built and reasonably priced. I just wish they came pre-painted. What do people that have actually bought them think of them? Also what are some other cool bumpers that are out there that also use the factory foglights?

Crawler Conceptz also uses factory fogs. There's a story behind the two owners of the companies so i've read and that's why their products looks similar.

Tigereye10

The brawler lite was my first mod on my JK. Absolutely love it. Purchased mine through northridge4x4, using our forum discount code. I passed on the powder coating option, and used four cans of zinc enriched primer, three cans of semi flat black paint ( which looked like ass) and then four cans of duplicolor bedliner, which was super easy to put on. I passed on the powder coat because I live in the rust belt and wanted easy touch ups. If you opt to paint yours be sure to spend a lot of time with prep. Google how to paint a poison spyder bumper and you'll get some great diy guides online.

Love how mine came out.

That's what I plan on getting/doing, how did you go about mounting your front plate?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Armydog

That's what I plan on getting/doing, how did you go about mounting your front plate?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

X2 the plate mount is awesome, how'd you do it??

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Panda

My plate is still mounted on the stock bumper in my shed the brawler lite is just to sexy to have a plate on it, I haven't been pulled over yet... knocking on wood :D

Armydog

My plate is still mounted on the stock bumper in my shed the brawler lite is just to sexy to have a plate on it, I haven't been pulled over yet... knocking on wood :D

I don't run a front plate either, but would like to because I run the vanity vet plate.... Would like to tuck it under... Don't like the fairlead mounts....

Armydog

Love how mine came out.

Copperhead, how is your plate mounted up front?

KingCopperhead

Copperhead, how is your plate mounted up front?

I bent the bottom of the plate so it is at an angle against the crash bar, and resting on the outer lip of the bumper, applied 3m automotive tape to the bent portion of the plate, and stuck it to the crash bar, then ran a zip tie from the top two holes of the plate to the inner gusset holes on the inside of the bumper.

Doesn't flap, or move at all. May get banged up on the trail, but it's easily removable. Cops haven't busted my balls about it yet.

CharlieK

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406330075.062939.jpg
I ve got the Brawler lite, fenders and the brawler rocker panels. I'm very happy with all of them. Waiting to order the corners and rear bumper next

36Fan

I do like the looks of their products and had plans to use most of their stuff, but after the fitment issues on their rear fenders I think I might have a change of plans.

Gazoom

Just picked up my JK Brawler Rockers! Yeehaw! Now just need to figure out what color scheme to go with....

jk brawlers.jpg

Armydog

I bent the bottom of the plate so it is at an angle against the crash bar, and resting on the outer lip of the bumper, applied 3m automotive tape to the bent portion of the plate, and stuck it to the crash bar, then ran a zip tie from the top two holes of the plate to the inner gusset holes on the inside of the bumper.

Doesn't flap, or move at all. May get banged up on the trail, but it's easily removable. Cops haven't busted my balls about it yet.

Very nice. I'm gonna copy that. Tango

KingCopperhead

Dave, I want to check out that light bar on your bumper this weekend at RC, I'm considering adding a small one like that to my fairlead mount. Looks sharp!

@Armydog, how'd the plate mounting go? Mines about to be put to the test finally. I think it's gonna get ripped off when I go over the rocks at Rausch this weekend ;-) might just rip it off before hitting the trails.

Armydog

Dave, I want to check out that light bar on your bumper this weekend at RC, I'm considering adding a small one like that to my fairlead mount. Looks sharp!

@Armydog, how'd the plate mounting go? Mines about to be put to the test finally. I think it's gonna get ripped off when I go over the rocks at Rausch this weekend ;-) might just rip it off before hitting the trails.

I haven't mounted the front plate as of yet. Really want to swap bumpers first

Top Bottom