My own JK 'Big Brake' research:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Reading this thread is like watching an episode of Hannity and Colmes. Two factions deeply entrenched in their point of view with seemingly no common ground. :cheesy: I'm guessing this thread has the most views in whatever sub-forum it's in. :crazyeyes:

On a side note…all I wanted from the thread was a better picture of how he mounted his PSC reservoir with the factory air box on the 3.6L motor. Guess I'll have to wait until some company comes out with a solution. Oh wait….:shock:

Mikes Offroad

If you go back and read through this thread you'll see that even the first time I posted I called this guy out. Excuse me for not being impressed with his use of big words and picture taking ability. He gave you ZERO info on a big brake kit for the JK. I couldn't give two shits what you did to your YJ from another forum. We are talking about majik and his two years of hopes and dreams, much like Obama.

I could probably come up with a brake kit but don't feel the need with 35's or even with 37's.

If you could come up with a brake kit good for you, I bet you would use the internet for that. I know that I looked online for when I wanted to build a DIY brake kit for my XJ not a YJ (never liked them) and I really couldn't give a flying fuck if you give two shits or not about it. You have a great ability on this site to make negative comments to anyone that maybe even thinks of thinking outside the box and develop something on there own. All I stated was that he was looking at building a brake kit with off the shelf parts and didn't want to release it till he was sure it would work. If him doing this ruined your hopes and dream's then wow you need better hopes and dreams.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
If you could come up with a brake kit good for you, I bet you would use the internet for that. I know that I looked online for when I wanted to build a DIY brake kit for my XJ not a YJ (never liked them) and I really couldn't give a flying fuck if you give two shits or not about it. You have a great ability on this site to make negative comments to anyone that maybe even thinks of thinking outside the box and develop something on there own. All I stated was that he was looking at building a brake kit with off the shelf parts and didn't want to release it till he was sure it would work. If him doing this ruined your hopes and dream's then wow you need better hopes and dreams.

Absolutely nothing was "developed" or "came up with". Just curious why you're so confrontational on this issue. I would just let it go and move along.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
On a side note…all I wanted from the thread was a better picture of how he mounted his PSC reservoir with the factory air box on the 3.6L motor. Guess I'll have to wait until some company comes out with a solution. Oh wait….:shock:

:cheesy:

All I stated was that he was looking at building a brake kit with off the shelf parts and didn't want to release it till he was sure it would work. If him doing this ruined your hopes and dream's then wow you need better hopes and dreams.

Hey Mike, not trying to take sides here so I hope you don't take it that way. I just have to ask, what does any of this matter to you? Why is it so important for you to defend the honor of some guy you only know on the internet? I know you're a nice guy and maybe the kind that thinks that children should be told they did a "great job" and that "it's the effort that counts" when they say 2+2=5 but to me, a little grief for coming up short is a good thing. If it stings, it should be seen as a lesson and one that motivates you to do better in the future. But of course, that's just me.

Okay, I'm done - please carry on with all the nonsense. If nothing else, it's entertaining to everyone else :yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I'm not the one with the hopes and dreams. That would be you and the other nut huggers of majik.

I get wanting DIY parts and have no issues with people coming up with kits. The issue is the bullshit that he spewed for YEARS and then left everyone with nothing. I make "negative" comments to the idiots that do shit like this thread.

Also, Mike, let's be realistic about the negative comments you feel are given here, shall we? If Majik pulled this on another forum I need not mention, (same one who's clowns would likely step on your neck just for saying "hi"), they'd simply send him packing with his tail between his legs. But of course they'd hand his ass to him in stereo far worse than you think is done here.

Mikes Offroad

Thanks Eddie I think you are right I am done with this thread, Eddie you are correct I do come to the defense of others. It is a trait that I am very proud of and I instill it in my children. I believe if we did this more than attacking people things would be a lot better. Saying that I do not agree with the parenting thing saying it's ok at least you tried lol. I do not know Majik other than this web site. I do feel that he tried to accomplish something and things happened in his life that took center stage for a while. There is nothing wrong with that, as they say shit happens in life and you make changes in your life and set your priorities accordingly. I hope that one day he finds the time to finish it, if not that's ok also. So till later Merry Christmas (I can say that because it is still -58 with the wind up here)

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug

As a side note you your side note, I was talking with the folks at PSC a couple of weeks ago. I was told they now have a bracket to mount their reservoir in the factory location as to not interfere with a factory airbox.

Hope this helps!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
As a side note you your side note, I was talking with the folks at PSC a couple of weeks ago. I was told they now have a bracket to mount their reservoir in the factory location as to not interfere with a factory airbox.

Hope this helps!

Thats good to know, thank you. :thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Hope this helps!

Kits been out for about a month but nobody has installed it yet. It still requires you to modify the factory airbox.

MTG

Caught the Bug

Hope this helps!

Kits been out for about a month but nobody has installed it yet. It still requires you to modify the factory airbox.

I know. That was the point of my post. ;)

In case anyone else had their hopes and dreams crushed.

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/engin...astar/12-13-jeep-jk-high-volume-pump-kit.html

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie I think you are right I am done with this thread, Eddie you are correct I do come to the defense of others. It is a trait that I am very proud of and I instill it in my children.

:cheesy: How righteous of you. Funny, this guy gets a little grief for not finishing up his big brake research and he needs to be defended. I have my livelihood and even my family threated on a regular basis and I can't remember the last time you've come to my defense. But I suppose, that's a moot point. Guess we all pick and choose who to we choose to defend and why ;)

I believe if we did this more than attacking people things would be a lot better.

To me, "belief" is just a fancy way of saying "wishful thinking".

Saying that I do not agree with the parenting thing saying it's ok at least you tried lol. I do not know Majik other than this web site. I do feel that he tried to accomplish something and things happened in his life that took center stage for a while. There is nothing wrong with that, as they say shit happens in life and you make changes in your life and set your priorities accordingly. I hope that one day he finds the time to finish it, if not that's ok also. So till later Merry Christmas (I can say that because it is still -58 with the wind up here)

You're right, shit does happen in life. I guess I've just been taught that wearing it on your shirtsleeves isn't a respectable thing to do. But, I digress. Merry Christmas to you. :yup:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Dynatrac pro grip..

Just wanted to add valuable info to this thread for future searches on brake upgrades for the Jeep JK

Mikes Offroad

:cheesy: How righteous of you. Funny, this guy gets a little grief for not finishing up his big brake research and he needs to be defended. I have my livelihood and even my family threated on a regular basis and I can't remember the last time you've come to my defense. But I suppose, that's a moot point. Guess we all pick and choose who to we choose to defend and why ;)

Come on Eddie I thought that you have been attacked so much on this site and others that your skin has to be like alligator tough lol. You do such a fine job of defending yourself that I think I would just get in the way.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Come on Eddie I thought that you have been attacked so much on this site and others that your skin has to be like alligator tough lol. You do such a fine job of defending yourself that I think I would just get in the way.

:cheesy: Again, how righteous of you to pick and choose who needs to be defended and why. :crazyeyes:

Here is a thought Mike, let it go and just move on. Easy. the more you post the more foolish you keep making yourself look.

Mikes Offroad

Here is a thought Mike, let it go and just move on. Easy. the more you post the more foolish you keep making yourself look.

I was actually trying to lighten the mood by making fun of Eddie needing to be defended. He has always defended himself very well I thought. It was a joke haha, boy tough crowd.

JAGS

Hooked
^^^ It only becomes a tough crowd when ones shoe becomes bigger than one's mouth. Like canvas said, this isn't really your battle. If you wish to defend Majik, send him a PM (or send him some parts or some cash for his research). Doing so publicly, when clearly the support isn't there, is only asking for ridicule. :twocents:

Top Bottom