My own JK 'Big Brake' research:

P33J_JK

Yes thank you for talking some of out of other viable options just to hang us out to dry. After a year and a half of ramblings then end result is

Majik

Hey, guys. I deeply apologize for the lack of updates. I've had some life-changing family events the last year, including a death and a critical illness, among other issues.

So, to those who have been encouraging, thank you very much - its greatly appreciated.

To those who are obviously irritated, again, I apologize. I meant no harm or malice. I didn't ever imagine some would be so angry because it was delayed...

I hope to get back on my feet and get this finished. It was so close to done that it frustrated me, too, to not have the time to just put this project above all else in life, but, family is priority. Like I said...I'm not a big business. Just a guy trying to do a project in between work and life and raising 2 awesome boys. Thank you to Eddie and the WAL staff for providing the forum for me to share my thoughts. Not giving up on this at all. Just needed time to refocus. Thanks again...

jkbud

Glad to hear everything is ok! I thought my donation ended up being wasted. I look forward to anything you can do. :)

BumpStick

Welcome back

I'm sorry to hear about your hard times. My condolences on your loss.

I know that others along with my self have been worried about you. We hope you had a good Thanksgiving and wish good tidings of the up coming holidays.

pastorwug

It's been almost 20 months since this thread was started and ........... in the meantime Dynatrac has come up with the game changing Brake system that some of us were hoping this project would turn out to be.

Glad you're back but not so much now for your brake ideas.

Stay healthy.

Majik

Yet again, I'm sorry. It is very apparent that I have pissed some people off by the scathing sarcasm displayed above.

I am wholeheartedly appreciative of this forum and its support. I apologize that my project got delayed. But, to be bluntly honest, my family is more important than anything else in my life. To those that understand this, I hold up a Jeep wave. To those that don't and only see me as having inconvenienced you, well, I don't give a crap. Again...family comes before any project in my book.

Have a safe and happy holiday. I wish you all the best. Thanks again for those who have offered your kind words and support.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yet again, I'm sorry. It is very apparent that I have pissed some people off by the scathing sarcasm displayed above.

I am wholeheartedly appreciative of this forum and its support. I apologize that my project got delayed. But, to be bluntly honest, my family is more important than anything else in my life. To those that understand this, I hold up a Jeep wave. To those that don't and only see me as having inconvenienced you, well, I don't give a crap. Again...family comes before any project in my book.

Have a safe and happy holiday. I wish you all the best. Thanks again for those who have offered your kind words and support.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don't think you have pissed anyone off. It was the false hope.

Marauder

I don't think you have pissed anyone off. It was the false hope.

Well said. I think a lot of guys were really anticipating your results for an affordable big break kit that wouldn't break the bank. I think it was more anticipation of the final result and then frustration when it never came.

I hope all is well with you and your family now and that you can resume your hobby.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well said. I think a lot of guys were really anticipating your results for an affordable big break kit that wouldn't break the bank. I think it was more anticipation of the final result and then frustration when it never came.

I hope all is well with you and your family now and that you can resume your hobby.

I'm not one of them. I knew he would never come through after the first couple months and the huge rambling posts with no information. Everything was a secret instead of just posting his findings.

Johnnyboy110

I know there were some set backs but did you ever figure out which master cylinder would work best? I'm running 79 dana60 dual fronts and late model 14b dual rear. I got a part number from jeep(68091278AC) that my dealer has listed as "heavy duty" but that's all the info I have on it. It is available to... Any help would be awesome

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I know there were some set backs but did you ever figure out which master cylinder would work best? I'm running 79 dana60 dual fronts and late model 14b dual rear. I got a part number from jeep(68091278AC) that my dealer has listed as "heavy duty" but that's all the info I have on it. It is available to... Any help would be awesome

You may have a wait for that answer......he hasn't logged on for 4 weeks and before that log on it was several months......

Oh wait!! LOL.....He just happened to log on right now......what a coincidence!

~Woodrow~

Last edited:
You may have a wait for that answer......he hasn't logged on for 4 weeks and before that log on it was several months......

~Woodrow~

We could all be driving Hoverounds before there's any results here. Good thing Dynatrac stepped up their game!

Johnnyboy110

~Woodrow~

Ummmmm....?? Ok... Can someone else answer my question then??? I just need a master cylinder that works. Some help... Anyone...??? I know there are a shit ton of you guys out there that have one tons

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Ummmmm....?? Ok... Can someone else answer my question then??? I just need a master cylinder that works. Some help... Anyone...??? I know there are a shit ton of you guys out there that have one tons

Welcome to Wayalife as well :standing wave:........if you go back and read through the thread I believe Majik gives his answers to that question on #533 and also #541

~Woodrow~

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAL

For the master cylinder and booster, MOPAR also released P5160050 that shows as "brake master cylinder and booster kit" as optional component for their new Dana 60s they just released. Not sure exactly what it is but based on fact that the new MOPAR Dana 60s have RAM 3500 brakes I'm guessing it is a larger bore master cylinder/booster that bolts right up and helps on the larger brake systems.

Top Bottom