My own JK 'Big Brake' research:

Ghost Stalker

On the rivets of the rear brakes

Really interested in seeing the end result here.

Great work Mijak;

I have been holding out as long as possible for the spec. on the rear brake setup. Will have to do something by Tue. due to a New Mexico back country trip. :eek:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Great work? :cheesy:

The dude hasn't posted since June 19th and this thread is filled with hopes and dreams. How is that great work?

Oh and btw, welcome to wayalife.

Pimphand

Malik can u post what type of calipers/rotors ur using on the front? I know of no liability issues that could affect u at all by letting us know the model number for the caliper/rotor and not releasing the bracket specs. That way if someone wanted to have the bracket custom made by a shop. The liability would be their own.

Just a thought.

Adam

Last edited:
Malik can u post what type of calipers/rotors ur using on the front? I know of no liability issues that could affect u at all by letting us know the model number for the caliper/rotor and not releasing the bracket specs. That way if someone wanted to have the bracket custom made by a shop. The liability would be their own.

Just a thought.

Adam

Adam,

This thread has no seen any activity except by a troll who brought it back to life only to stir up crap. Not sure you are going to get your answer.

By the way how about filling in your profile.

R/
Will

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
He was just online today. If he wanted this thread to progress, he probably would've posted something here. It's sad that this thread had to die the way it did. :grayno:

dino30

Wow !

I just spent most of my day reading this thread . All I can say is Wow ....... You have invested a huge amount of time and effort into this project and I applaud you for it ... I am currently fighting with an 08 JK that lost its brakes going down a steep incline in 4 lo ... It was so bad that E-Brake would barely stop me . I thought we lost a brake line but found no leaks and no damage to the braking system :thinking: . Needless to say I am in the market to fix this issue , It was not only my life on the line but my wife's (passenger) and the spotter at the bottom of the hill :shock:. I am subscribed to this thread and hope you can help fix this issue ................ Thank you for all the work so far ...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I just spent most of my day reading this thread . All I can say is Wow ....... You have invested a huge amount of time and effort into this project and I applaud you for it ... I am currently fighting with an 08 JK that lost its brakes going down a steep incline in 4 lo ... It was so bad that E-Brake would barely stop me . I thought we lost a brake line but found no leaks and no damage to the braking system :thinking: . Needless to say I am in the market to fix this issue , It was not only my life on the line but my wife's (passenger) and the spotter at the bottom of the hill :shock:. I am subscribed to this thread and hope you can help fix this issue ................ Thank you for all the work so far ...

i wouldnt hold your breath waiting for an answer. he hasnt been on to update this thread in a long time.

^^ X2

Your second post in tow years is on a thread that has not been updated by the OP for months.

Welcome to the WAYALIFE!

R/
Will

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, for those of you who really feel the need to upgrade your brakes, I can tell you that Dynatrac has been working on an awesome solution that provides up to 30% greater stopping performance (better than the competition) and will be released at SEMA. This kit is that it addresses BOTH the front and rear brake systems using proprietary rotors and pads specifically engineered to provide balanced front and rear braking to utilize all available tire friction. This is offers a much flatter stop and without the kind of nose dive you typically see with other big brake kits. I have personally tested this kit out on a JK running 37" tires and with a ProRock 44 front and ProRock 60 rear axle and was very impressed! The best part about this kit is that it offers all this performance WITH the factory master cylinder and the piston portion of the factory calipers. In other words, depending on how much lift you have, you can literally install this kit WITHOUT having to touch any of the plumbing. For those of you who don't know, playing with the plumbing WILL REQUIRE an ABS bleed and that can only be done at your dealership and if you mess with the master cylinder, there are times where you still can't get it to feel right again.

How's all that sound? How's all that sound for about $950 or so? :yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well, for those of you who really feel the need to upgrade your brakes, I can tell you that Dynatrac has been working on an awesome solution that provides up to 30% greater stopping performance (better than the competition) and will be released at SEMA. This kit is that it addresses BOTH the front and rear brake systems using proprietary rotors and pads specifically engineered to provide balanced front and rear braking to utilize all available tire friction. This is offers a much flatter stop and without the kind of nose dive you typically see with other big brake kits. I have personally tested this kit out on a JK running 37" tires and with a ProRock 44 front and ProRock 60 rear axle and was very impressed! The best part about this kit is that it offers all this performance WITH the factory master cylinder and the piston portion of the factory calipers. In other words, depending on how much lift you have, you can literally install this kit WITHOUT having to touch any of the plumbing. For those of you who don't know, playing with the plumbing WILL REQUIRE an ABS bleed and that can only be done at your dealership and if you mess with the master cylinder, there are times where you still can't get it to feel right again.

How's all that sound? How's all that sound for about $950 or so? :yup:

Will it take three years and countless rambling posts to get the rotors?

Top Bottom