It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - MoTech 6.2L LS Jeep Motor Swap

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Re: It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby!

:eek: wow, no body! Lots of work but out comes going to be great.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Today we packed up a few parts from Moby and our LS and sent them out to MoTech for reprogramming.

main.php

The LS ECM and the Jeep PCM
main.php

Our Instrument Cluster
main.php

Jeep wiring harness
main.php

A/C lines
main.php

We also found out from MoTech that the exhaust manifolds that came on our engine will not work because of clearance issues so we ordered up new manifolds:

Exhaust Manifold Right (2008 Trailblazer) - 12600527

Exhaust Manifold Left (2008 Trailblazer) - 12600526

Exhaust Manifold Right Shield (Trailblazer) - 12597916

Exhaust Manifold Left Shield (Trailblazer) - 12597917

Exhaust Manifold Gasket (2) - 12617944

Exhaust Manifold flange gasket (2) - 92202326

Neat photos. Don't know why I find jeep parts fascinating to look at, but I do....

jhires

I'm curious as to why the A/C lines are being sent in.

My experience when swapping non-like engines is to custom make them depending on the fittings needed at both ends as well as the position of the items being connected (anything from a/c to power steering to brake lines). Usually a lot of these items needed to be replaced because of age and wear. If I didn't feel like doing it myself, I had a local shop do it, so I'm curious as to why they need the a/c lines.

BlackKnight

I'm curious as to why the A/C lines are being sent in.

My experience when swapping non-like engines is to custom make them depending on the fittings needed at both ends as well as the position of the items being connected (anything from a/c to power steering to brake lines). Usually a lot of these items needed to be replaced because of age and wear. If I didn't feel like doing it myself, I had a local shop do it, so I'm curious as to why they need the a/c lines.

Different Engine, probably a different AC compresser, one side or the other probably needs to be changed out to adapt to the unit or the condenser...

Better late then never reading this build.

WOW, I've been mouth breathing since page 1.

Congrats, what a build....I think Wayalife should be a weekly show on Spike TV or something.

Bacon

You know it's kinda lost on me why this isn't done at the factory (JK V-8) especially when they run as clean as smaller engines and the potential for better MPG is there.:thinking:

the potential for real world mpg is there, but unfortunately Chrysler doesn't care about real world mpg. what they care about are the numbers they can get in the EPA tests. in those tests, the smaller motors get better numbers because of the unrealistic testing parameters (ridiculously slow acceleration rates, much lower than "normal" top speeds). unfortunately, CAFE is based on the EPA test numbers, not real world mpg.

watching this build with mixed emotions. excited to see another JK get a great motor. jealous for obvious reasons....

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
Time to open up the box we just got from MoTech
main.php

Here is what we got:

Our modified A/C lines
main.php

Our reprogrammed LS ECM and mounting bracket
main.php

An automatic center console - something we needed since we are changing Moby from a manual to an automatic.
main.php

That's it for now.

LAJK

Time to open up the box we just got from MoTech
main.php

Here is what we got:

Our modified A/C lines
main.php

Our reprogrammed LS ECM and mounting bracket
main.php

An automatic center console - something we needed since we are changing Moby from a manual to an automatic.
main.php

That's it for now.

Are you just going to make the gray console work with your tan interior?

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
Are you just going to make the gray console work with your tan interior?

Yeah, we will just make it work. Since installing the Mastercraft seats, we haven't really had a perfectly matched interior anyway, so a little more gray might be a good thing. :) We might consider changing out the side panels from our old console and installing the Tuffy security console which would make it pretty close to what we have now.

main.php

That's the same color as their interior.

Actually it's not the same since we do have the tan interior. :yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby!

Yeah, we will just make it work. Since installing the Mastercraft seats, we haven't really had a perfectly matched interior anyway, so a little more gray might be a good thing. :) We might consider changing out the side panels from our old console and installing the Tuffy security console which would make it pretty close to what we have now.

main.php

Actually it's not the same since we do have the tan interior. :yup:

Hmm. I thought for sure it was gray. I guess I have really only looked inside at night. :cheesy: wrong again. :grayno:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I doubt he posts a price, WOL is a modest guy. But I can tell you it's not cheap.

Typically, we wouldn't as we are modest about things like this but, we may put out a build sheet just so that others considering something like this will know what they can expect.

Top Bottom