It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - MoTech 6.2L LS Jeep Motor Swap

Typically, we wouldn't as we are modest about things like this but, we may put out a build sheet just so that others considering something like this will know what they can expect.

Well hope you do post it because last time I asked about a price to someone else and he's response was "if you have to ask how much it is means you can't afforded it pal" but then again it was at another forum!:(

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby!

Well hope you do post it because last time I asked about a price to someone else and he's response was "if you have to ask how much it is means you can't afforded it pal" but then again it was at another forum!:(

Did you watch fast and furious recently?

White_JKU

Typically, we wouldn't as we are modest about things like this but, we may put out a build sheet just so that others considering something like this will know what they can expect.

and thats exactly why i asked.... wont know if its feasable or not without some numbers.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

and thats exactly why i asked.... wont know if its feasable or not without some numbers.

What I can tell you is that if you do it with a brand new crate motor, you'll be looking at no less than $25K+. We're going the junkyard motor route and can tell you that the price is a lot more reasonable. If you do a 5.3L, it would be even more affordable, enough so that I would definitely consider it over a supercharger.

munstie

Re: It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby!

Is Mel letting you get your hands dirty with the supersize???

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

silverbackjk

It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby!

Yup :)........

That's one or the best parts about owning a jeep is all the hand on mods. I have learned a ton from local keepers and this forum. Thanks Eddie for all the write ups!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rex Havoc

Juss Right

Cudos for the power train choice! I've always been a big Chev fan from my drag racing days. Use to run Chevelles back when, er, let's just say Reagan was kind of a big deal at the time. The LS is an amazing platform as with just a bit of tuning and tweeking can make big power gains. The Hemi is a good motor to be sure, but it seems to make it's best power higher up in the RPM range whereas the LS seems to come on sooner in the lower RPM range which is perfect for a trail rig. Good low end is where it's at! As one of my race day mentors use to say, build a motor with enough torque to tilt the earth on it's axis and that's when you know you have enough motor.

rws

What I can tell you is that if you do it with a brand new crate motor, you'll be looking at no less than $25K+. We're going the junkyard motor route and can tell you that the price is a lot more reasonable. If you do a 5.3L, it would be even more affordable, enough so that I would definitely consider it over a supercharger.

I'm quoting WOL here because it's a great point about the 5.3 Vortec.. We've had a ton of 6.0 and 5.3 vortec in our trucks at work and I can tell you right now, numbers aside, the 5.3 kicks the 6.0's ass in power even though numbers tell you different.. No idea what it is but that "little" 5.3 is a bad ass little motor.. Super charge the 5.3 with heads and a cam and it's a monster

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Yeah, we will just make it work. Since installing the Mastercraft seats, we haven't really had a perfectly matched interior anyway, so a little more gray might be a good thing. :) We might consider changing out the side panels from our old console and installing the Tuffy security console which would make it pretty close to what we have now.

main.php

I love the seats, I want to add new seats to my JK. Was the installation straight forward or was it a pain in the Butt.? Also, do you detail Mobby all the time:yup: Its always looks so clean and nice. :thumb: Mobby is one sweet JEEP!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I love the seats, I want to add new seats to my JK. Was the installation straight forward or was it a pain in the Butt.? Also, do you detail Mobby all the time:yup: Its always looks so clean and nice. :thumb: Mobby is one sweet JEEP!

Installation wasn't too difficult - pretty straight forward and yes, I try really hard to keep all our Jeeps as clean as possible :D

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
Got another package for Moby today. :D

main.php

It is our new exhaust manifolds. :thumb:

main.php

Here is a list of parts we received:

Exhaust Manifold Right (2008 Trailblazer) - 12600527

Exhaust Manifold Left (2008 Trailblazer) - 12600526

Exhaust Manifold Right Shield (Trailblazer) - 12597916

Exhaust Manifold Left Shield (Trailblazer) - 12597917