It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - MoTech 6.2L LS Jeep Motor Swap

bo9roadking

With the 6L80, we didn't feel the need for anything lower than a 3:1 t-case and because of it, a 4-speed with a lower low really wasn't necessary.
I really like your build. I hope to replace my pentastar with an LS after I save up a bit more. I recently bought the front and rear EVO double throwdown for my JKUR, so my bank account is a little depleted right now.

When I go with a setup similar to yours, I was thinking about a 4-speed with 1:1, 2.72:1, 2:1, and 5.44:1 ratios. The 2.72:1 is close to the 3:1 that you chose, but I'll have the 5.44:1 for the technical stuff and the 2:1 for running a little faster in 4wd on the sand or when I want to only use the front axle. My problem is that my budget only allows for a 5.3 with a 4-speed atlas or a 6.2 with a 2-speed atlas.

Thanks for including us in your build.

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
New GM cats for Moby. Thanks Derek for your help getting these!

main.php

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
Got a few more GM parts in today:

O2 Sensors / Knock Sensor / Oil Pressure Sensor

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Transmission Dip Stick & Tube

main.php

Transmission Cooler Lines

main.php

Still waiting on a few more parts, then we will be ready to finish up the motor install. :wings:

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
Since a few people have asked about the cost of this build, here is a list of all the parts we have purchased so far along with the price. This cost shown here does not include tax or shipping and is really only the beginning. :eek: I will update it as we go.

THE COST:
(so far - not including tax or shipping)

LS-cost.png

MTG

Caught the Bug
This cost shown here does not include tax or shipping and is really only the beginning. :eek:

Cost to get the job started? A lot!

Cost to finish the job? A lot more!!!

Having a badass V8 jeep when it's all done? PRICELESS!!!!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - 6.2L LS Motor Swap

Since a few people have asked about the cost of this build, here is a list of all the parts we have purchased so far along with the price. This cost shown here does not include tax or shipping and is really only the beginning. :eek: I will update it as we go.

THE COST:
(so far - not including tax or shipping)

LS-cost.png

Better then paying the dealer $5000 to tell you dynatrac f'ed up your axles an that is what is causing your problems. :crazyeyes:

LetsGoMuddin

Looking good! Can't wait for more!

Sent from my iPod touch using WAYALIFE mobile app

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Re: It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - 6.2L LS Motor Swap

Hey Eddie and Cindy, are you going any bigger on tires or saying with 40's

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug

Until Nitto or Toyo makes a bigger tire I don't think they will. Otherwise they would have to run a BFG or super swamper

Beyrgut

I think I read somewhere that the cost/problems of bigger than 40s wasn't really worth it, Mel ran 42s and went back to 40s.

Top Bottom