It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - MoTech 6.2L LS Jeep Motor Swap

dahreno

Banned
Wow , it looks great and fits well . I am surprised to see the Spectre air filter , especially without a box around it to help protect it from water . My experience with Reno DMV was also very painless , quite a bit diff. then any DMV in so. cal. , right ?

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
Moby's new Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear end :cool:
main.php

main.php

Because of the long drive from SoCal up to our new home in Carson City, Moby had quickly passed the 500 mile mark and was due for a diff service on his rear 80.
main.php

Cover off
main.php

How much gear oil does it take to fill an 80?
main.php

About 4 quarts! :shock:

Also on the list of things to do today was to address an annoyingly loud squeak coming from the serpentine belt on Moby. MoTech recommended we change out the belt to a GoodYear Gatorback:
main.php

Time to get to work on removing the old belt
main.php

Tessa trying to get our attention… "Hey! I'm talking to you!" :cheesy:
main.php

It was a tight fit, but we got it on and just like that, no more squeak! :wings: Now we can finally enjoy the sound of Moby's new V8. :thumb:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Mobby looks great, yes Thank you for sharing. Mobby looks brand new. Can't even a imagine how great mobby must drive. :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Congrats on getting Moby home to his new digs! In terms of drivetrain, suspension, and tires there can't be many JK's out there that will be able to keep up with him on or off the pavement. Well played!:yup::thumb:

j3ph3ry_j33p

envious and impressed; I can only imagine having real power on tap for my beloved JK but will manage with just ample torque until I , too, can run the engine I desire; I figure about the time I have her paid off - in approximately 1.5-2 years- there will be a fair amount of totaled 2014 Corvette Stingrays around that somebody may have a wiring harness solution and ECU setup for that I could buy from a salvage. I would think this will be done somewhere in the near future with the way those cars get trashed and are so dangerous ( and I know this sounds heinous) there are bound to be a few wrecked ones that I can shell out buck-age and use to get me a motor of worth and power.
But, I have also set my sites on longevity and if possible I was looking at an LS myself. At any rate, I have followed this thread since yo announced the plans to upgrade and commend you on money well spent and a nice treat for all of us to witness you perform correctly. MoTech is THE turnkey solution for motor replacement /upgrading in the Jeep JK world.
I was not drooling too much and was basically just interested until I saw "Cover off" photo. My Lord, those are massive ring gears and one heck of a tough looking setup in that big old beast of a rear axle. I would beat the ever loving snot out of a so equipped JK. Go smash it around on some boulders and for heaven's sake , share the outcome video with us!
Merry Christmas!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With Christmas behind us, we finally found some time to take Moby out to shake off the cobwebs and do a little stretching. :cool:

These first couple of shots were nothing big - just ramp up shots to check for any clearance issues...
main.php

main.php

These next few shots were of him easing into the rocks...
main.php

main.php

Slowly moving into bigger terrain...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Using up all 14" of our Double Throw Downs...
main.php

Here's the beef!!
main.php

:cool:

An_toin3

I need some high-res version of those pictures, would make some sick wallpapers :clap2:

Congrats on the build !, been following this since the beginning and all I can say is "This is AMAZING" :thumb:

Top Bottom