Scorpicon Build Thread

StrizzyChris

Your RIG is looking nice.:clap2:

Thanks...got a ways to go, but always nice to hear that people like her so far :blush:

nice!! who makes those?

I got them from Outlaw LED. I was surprised to find out that its just a guy, who makes LED lighting for (don't quote me on this because I actually forget) huge companies like CAT or NASA or something like that. You cant beat the price(compared to the competition) and I love to support the little guy if I can save a buck while doing it. Ill give a review once I get the mounting hardware, install them on and try em out. :thumb:

I just posted this on the "sale thread" -->outlawled.com has a discount code right now for EVERYTHING they sell. enter the code CL30 on checkout and it will take 30% off your order price. I got a 20" LED flood/spot combo, and two 2x2 3" spots.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
cant wait to see that bar mounted, thinking of getting one myself but keep forgetting to meaure what would fit

Prime8

Thanks...got a ways to go, but always nice to hear that people like her so far :blush:

I got them from Outlaw LED. I was surprised to find out that its just a guy, who makes LED lighting for (don't quote me on this because I actually forget) huge companies like CAT or NASA or something like that. You cant beat the price(compared to the competition) and I love to support the little guy if I can save a buck while doing it. Ill give a review once I get the mounting hardware, install them on and try em out. :thumb:

I just posted this on the "sale thread" -->outlawled.com has a discount code right now for EVERYTHING they sell. enter the code CL30 on checkout and it will take 30% off your order price. I got a 20" LED flood/spot combo, and two 2x2 3" spots.

How soon can you mount? Still need reverse lights and was thinking of doing the 2x2 3" ones. Don't want to miss the sale, but I don't want to buy till I get your review!

MTG

Caught the Bug
How soon can you mount? Still need reverse lights and was thinking of doing the 2x2 3" ones. Don't want to miss the sale, but I don't want to buy till I get your review!

There are several places to get these for about the same price as the sale price, if not less. :yup:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Oh do tell.

I do not want to hijack this thread, but I've posted a place as have other people. You can find them on Amazon/Ebay. Local off road shops are carrying them now. $50 is about the going price for what I've seen for this size. :thumb:

StrizzyChris

It'll probably be a few weeks to a month. Still need to get brackets and them wired up. Not sure how long the sale lasts.

I do not want to hijack this thread, but I've posted a place as have other people. You can find them on Amazon/Ebay. Local off road shops are carrying them now. $50 is about the going price for what I've seen for this size. :thumb:

Haha MTG now that you've posted on my thread, its bound to derail/become highjacked ;) But always feel free to post better deals than I find. That's what I would want actually!

Yeah Cree has a huge website with over a million products. Basically everything LED you can think of.

Is it cree.com? Is the quality of the lights/housing/wiring good? If so I may look them up for my eventual reverse lights purchase.

StrizzyChris

So trying to get a feel for the size and mounting of the 20" LEDs. I may look for a piece of thick steel bent a few times to bolt to the bumper if there isnt a reasonably priced bracket available.

IMG_20130513_170918_888.jpg

IMG_20130513_170857_505.jpg

IMG_20130513_170909_827.jpg

Also installed a 1.75" front spacer to help compensate for the factory rake, bumper/stinger and winch weight as well as the extra rise from running no spare or rear carrier right now. It was dark when I finished the install so no pics until the morning but It looks like I still have a slight rake. I have a 3/4" rear spacer that I thought I would use in combo, but may not even need it. :crazyeyes:

IMG_20130513_164050_324.jpg

Prime8

So trying to get a feel for the size and mounting of the 20" LEDs. I may look for a piece of thick steel bent a few times to bolt to the bumper if there isnt a reasonably priced bracket available.

Also installed a 1.75" front spacer to help compensate for the factory rake, bumper/stinger and winch weight as well as the extra rise from running no spare or rear carrier right now. It was dark when I finished the install so no pics until the morning but It looks like I still have a slight rake. I have a 3/4" rear spacer that I thought I would use in combo, but may not even need it. :crazyeyes:

What size do people typically mount to the front if the winch, on the fairlead? 10"?

Trail Jeeps out of Colorado has a mount specifically for the EVO 1/4 Pounder that will place the lightbar in the same position as you mocked up.

You might check them out! :thumb:

I'll be following along to see what you come up with! Oh and your jeep is looking great man! :yup:

StrizzyChris

What size do people typically mount to the front if the winch, on the fairlead? 10"?

Im not sure. I thought it was the 20", but this thing is really tight in there. Im gonna have to play around with it so that its not behind the stinger where it will be occluding the light pattern. :thinking:

Trail Jeeps out of Colorado has a mount specifically for the EVO 1/4 Pounder that will place the lightbar in the same position as you mocked up.

You might check them out! :thumb:

I'll be following along to see what you come up with! Oh and your jeep is looking great man! :yup:

Thanks :blush: ...and thanks for the heads up, i'll have to check them out :thumb:

MTG

Caught the Bug

This looks good! :thumb:

I was thinking about a 20" bar mounted there too. I believe EVO makes a fairlead mount as well. Can't remember the price though. I'll have to check out the trail jeep one too.

Did you power the light? Does it get blocked by the stinger?

TrailBear

I'm running 2.5" spacers up front running almost the same set up as you.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1368548916.034192.jpg

If you don't push the limits how do you find them??

StrizzyChris

So here she is, in daylight, after installing front 1.75" spacers only.

1368585249008.jpg

Still a slight rake, but I think the rear carrier and spare will level it out jus right. I dont think it will but it then may even require the rear 3/4" spacers to be level.

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

MobyJR

Looks like a well thought out and well built jeep. Quality where it counts especially on the tires and bumper ;) and I love the color. I still haven't seen dune in person.

StrizzyChris

Looks good, :thumb: Nice and clean looking

Thanks! I dont want it too flashy and am trying to keep it clean but capable.

Looks like a well thought out and well built jeep. Quality where it counts especially on the tires and bumper ;) and I love the color. I still haven't seen dune in person.

I have been thinking, buying and planning this build for well over a year and my old Jeep was feeling neglected before I sold it. I abandoned all mods on it while looking forward to this build. :yup: The only thing i couldnt plan for was the snow and weather in Ohio that prevented me from installing my coilovers before I had to move back to Cali...they are sitting in a box, below my bed right now, just laughing at the spacers I just installed :grayno:

I believe EVO makes a fairlead mount as well. Can't remember the price though. I'll have to check out the trail jeep one too.

Did you power the light? Does it get blocked by the stinger?

I looked online for the EVO mount and it looks too narrow for the 20" bar. It appears to have multiple holes for mounting width for two or three lights like dullys or halogens. Maybe a 10" bar would fit there but the brackets included with the lights are much wider than that bracket.

attachment.php

I didnt power them up yet. I didnt run the wiring since I didnt know how/where I would mount it just yet. I would imagine that it would have to be mounted closer to or flush with the front of the stinger to prevent the lateral spread pattern from being occluded though. :thinking: I emailed the mentioned site of Trailjeeps.com since their specific products offered are not listed on the site.

Top Bottom