Scorpicon Build Thread

StrizzyChris

Also I have had a few questions about the swaybar relocation. I am terrible at descriptions so I used my crappy paint skills to help me. If you see in the pic below the #1 tab(original mounting location) on of the swaybar housing is thin. Its sole purpose is to attach as the anchor point of the housing to keep it from spinning freely. The #2 spot is a hole that has a bolt in it from the factory and holds the housing together. The reason you will need to drill this hole is because #1 hole bolt that you will now be inserting into the #2 hole has a short threaded section and the body of the bolt(In the circle) is larger. The larger bolt body will stop you from being able to thread it completely into the swaybar housing. By reaming the #2 hole by 1/2" this will allow you to thread the bolt in far enough to slip the un-threaded section in far enough to also secure the 2 parts of the housing together. (I hope this all makes sence)

swaybarrelocation.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks! I dont want it too flashy and am trying to keep it clean but capable.

I have been thinking, buying and planning this build for well over a year and my old Jeep was feeling neglected before I sold it. I abandoned all mods on it while looking forward to this build. :yup: The only thing i couldnt plan for was the snow and weather in Ohio that prevented me from installing my coilovers before I had to move back to Cali...they are sitting in a box, below my bed right now, just laughing at the spacers I just installed :grayno:

I looked online for the EVO mount and it looks too narrow for the 20" bar. It appears to have multiple holes for mounting width for two or three lights like dullys or halogens. Maybe a 10" bar would fit there but the brackets included with the lights are much wider than that bracket.

attachment.php

I didnt power them up yet. I didnt run the wiring since I didnt know how/where I would mount it just yet. I would imagine that it would have to be mounted closer to or flush with the front of the stinger to prevent the lateral spread pattern from being occluded though. :thinking: I emailed the mentioned site of Trailjeeps.com since their specific products offered are not listed on the site.

You could always fab up a little bracket that would push them out that is similar to the EVO one. Not too hard. Just get some metal and cut it and work with it then take it to a shop to put the bend in it. Or maybe a local shop could fab one up that would push it farther out.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Interested to see what the "trailjeeps" mount looks like, I have the evo mount just waiting for some lights since I cant make up my mind on what to run.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
You could always fab up a little bracket that would push them out that is similar to the EVO one. Not too hard. Just get some metal and cut it and work with it then take it to a shop to put the bend in it. Or maybe a local shop could fab one up that would push it farther out.

^^^ This. That mount would be easy to make, take your fairlead and 20" light to the shop and I bet (if they are worth a spit) they can take the measurements and bend it up for you and drill the holes. I know my little shop here in Nac. can do that kind of stuff. And it's probably cheaper or the same cost as buying the pre-made bracket. :thumb:

Briguy114

I looked online for the EVO mount and it looks too narrow for the 20" bar. It appears to have multiple holes for mounting width for two or three lights like dullys or halogens. Maybe a 10" bar would fit there but the brackets included with the lights are much wider than that bracket.

attachment.php

You could always just get a Rigid industries U-cradle and mount it like that. There should be no need to have a shop fab anything. http://www.rigidindustries.com/E-Series-Cradle-Mount-p/cradle-e-series.htm

StrizzyChris

I agree and am thinking two simple pieces of 1/4" sheet steel 1.5" wide bent in an L shape and bolted to the front of the bumper like this(actual position would be about 2 inches higher than in the pic, but I couldnt hold it up and take the pic also)

IMG_20130515_070229_485_zps88977b3b.jpg

IMG_20130515_070123_968_zps5e870b44.jpg

Here is a pic of how the light bar sits on the Trail Jeeps Mount... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1368632366.101071.jpg
This image was taken off the Trail Jeeps Facebook page.

I wish there was more information on it because I'm definitely interested.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Here is a pic of how the light bar sits on the Trail Jeeps Mount... View attachment 30029

That looks bad ass!

It looks like it sits far enough forward to keep from being blocked by the stinger on the sides.

I bought my Enforcer lift from Trail Jeeps and they were great to work with and shipped the same day. I highly recommend them. Very easy to work with! :yup:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Here is a pic of how the light bar sits on the Trail Jeeps Mount... View attachment 30029

Me likey.

I have to say, trailjeeps has one of the best looking websites I've seen in a while. :thumb:

Call them up and post up what they say about the bracket.

That looks bad ass!

It looks like it sits far enough forward to keep from being blocked by the stinger on the sides.

I bought my Enforcer lift from Trail Jeeps and they were great to work with and shipped the same day. I highly recommend them. Very easy to work with! :yup:

Me likey.

I have to say, trailjeeps has one of the best looking websites I've seen in a while. :thumb:

I might buy a light bar just because of the looks of it with that mount. :thumb:

I agree! I like the position of it much better than a fairlead mount. It seems that its lower and like Doknocker said, the light wouldn't get blocked by the stinger.

If anyone gets more information on this mount, let us know! :thumb:

Im not sure. I thought it was the 20", but this thing is really tight in there. Im gonna have to play around with it so that its not behind the stinger where it will be occluding the light pattern. :thinking:

Thanks :blush: ...and thanks for the heads up, i'll have to check them out :thumb:

Me likey.

They are available... $20 each + shipping, Call to place order! :yup:

StrizzyChris

Just like pro said...I was quoted $29 plus shipping. I emailed them last night and received a return email promptly at 7am. I'm starting to like this company :yup: I'm going to email them again go see if they have a picture of the bracket. I'll post back.

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

epiccosmo

This would fix my issue with the EVO bumper. Please post up if you find out more details about this mounting.

Also, any other pictures would be great!

Last edited:
Top Bottom