Scorpicon Build Thread

StrizzyChris

I'm not sure if I'll have time for the King bump stops and the coilovers at the same time....so i doubt it but we shall see.

StrizzyChris

Went ahead and installed one of the TG on the slabs just to get a gauge of time it'll take. Did the spare in about 30min.

1397772217303.jpg

Dear lord I hope I don't get a flat on the trail! That's one heavy bitch to get up there and crank the speed wheel down on!

Panda

Yup! I got a set of slabs to pair up with them. On Tuesday I'll be taking my coilovers and all of this to Panda's house and getting it all installed finally. :yup:

I can't wait for Tuesday I'm going a little stir crazy sitting around, it's gonna be fun! :rock:

StrizzyChris

spare looks good chris! :thumb:

That looks purdy!!

Thanks!!!

Now you need a carrier and slabs for your motor home
View attachment 79231

You don't like the sexy chrome wrap and no cover spare I have on there now? :-(

I can't wait for Tuesday I'm going a little stir crazy sitting around, it's gonna be fun! :rock:

You and me both! I just want to call in sick all weekend and do this tomorrow, but it'll have to wait I guess! :beer:

TrailReady

Caught the Bug
Looking good Chris... If I remember right, the threaded stud that your wheel mounts to can be flipped and mounted on top of the tire carrier bracket to bring the tire up a little higher... maybe an 1.5". Not saying you need to, but it does look like it sits low in the carrier. How do you have it currently mounted?

StrizzyChris

Looking good Chris... If I remember right, the threaded stud that your wheel mounts to can be flipped and mounted on top of the tire carrier bracket to bring the tire up a little higher... maybe an 1.5". Not saying you need to, but it does look like it sits low in the carrier. How do you have it currently mounted?

Yes, I mounted it in the low position. The low is for sizes up to 37" and the above is for 38"-42". I like it lower to keep the weight lower as well as rear window visibility.

Okay Strizzle. How long will you "reside" in California and rock Ohio plates? :thinking: :cheesy:

FOOOREEEVERRR! (Said in sandlot voice!) I got two addresses in Ohio and only one in Cali! :yup:

Edit: not to mention the cost of tags is 24/yr for my vehicles there ;)

TrailReady

Caught the Bug
Yes, I mounted it in the low position. The low is for sizes up to 37" and the above is for 38"-42". I like it lower to keep the weight lower as well as rear window visibility.

Good to know, if I end up going that route again. I didn't realize they spec'd it out in such detail. Either way it looks great and your reasoning makes perfect since. Was just curious to see if it was the upper or lower mounting.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Looking great. Those 37s and Slabs are going to completely transform the look of your rig! Cant wait to see how it looks when they are all mounted up.

StrizzyChris

Cant wait to see how it looks when they are all mounted up.

You and me both...it's long overdue!

Are you also installing new control arms?

I have rock krawler front lower to run until I invest in a long arm upgrade.

are you having trouble sleeping at night thinking about your lift and rims?:icon_crazy:

If it weren't for work, I would be! Lifting 300lb women, whose family come in screamin "she's dying" (aka drama queens), out of cars all night really wears you out lol

Rccrwlr

Yup! I got a set of slabs to pair up with them. On Tuesday I'll be taking my coilovers and all of this to Panda's house and getting it all installed finally. :yup:

Glad to hear that you are getting the hookup from the Panda (a Fine example of a NorCal rep). Tell him I said hi and hope he is feeling better

--rccrwlr

StrizzyChris

Glad to hear that you are getting the hookup from the Panda (a Fine example of a NorCal rep). Tell him I said hi and hope he is feeling better

Its perfect actually. He is buying my wheels, tires, wheel spacers, and coil spacers...but he can't get those til I get my suspension in...and he's bored wanting something to do so its a win win win! :thumb:

JKbrick

If it weren't for work, I would be! Lifting 300lb women, whose family come in screamin "she's dying" (aka drama queens), out of cars all night really wears you out lol

Did that for 4 years too, then drag them on and off the ct table or hold them up against the wall for X-rays, some nights it got really old

Top Bottom