EVO 1/4 Pounder install and Swaybar Relocation

Prime

Anyone know a remedy looks like I'll have to find a mounting plate. Also is your hole to hole 12"? I'm having a heck of a time finding a fairlead that will fit.. Oh one more thing this is my first EVO product and I'm loving it!

Attachments

• image-2814992915.jpg
    image-2814992915.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 519

epetry

I bought the EVO winch / light attachment for the 1/4 bumper. I then bought 2 cubes from Inspired Engineering. They are a plug n play with the OEM wiring harness. Very simple. Plugs right in. Controlled by the OEM fog light switch. Easy project.

Do you have any pictures of this set up?

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I bought the EVO winch / light attachment for the 1/4 bumper. I then bought 2 cubes from Inspired Engineering. They are a plug n play with the OEM wiring harness. Very simple. Plugs right in. Controlled by the OEM fog light switch. Easy project.

Thanks for mentioning this company. Those plug n play cubes are a great option...I e-mailed them to ask if they could provide the connectors on their 20"/21.5" lights also.

RoughRider

what did you guys do with your wires from factory fog lights, and also where do you mount the relocation bracket from EVO at?

Napalm

what did you guys do with your wires from factory fog lights, and also where do you mount the relocation bracket from EVO at?

I just zip tied and tucked my wiring harness behind the grill.

For the vacuum pump, I mounted it where the sway bar attaches. I think that's where EVO recommended it!

RoughRider

So just tucking it back there won't do any damage to the wires?

And where exactly does the EVO relocation go? Sorry I'm just having a tough time with the instructions

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
So just tucking it back there won't do any damage to the wires?

And where exactly does the EVO relocation go? Sorry I'm just having a tough time with the instructions

You get 3 rectangle brackets and one bracket that the canister bolts two. All of the brackets sandwich between the sway bar and the frame with two of the rectangle brackets on the pass side and one rectangle bracket and other piece on driver side.

uberc4

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463028071.531589.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463028081.351197.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463028090.836975.jpg

I followed a write-up Eddie did a long time ago. Make sure you loosen both sides of the Swaybar or you won't be able to slide the plates in between the Swaybar and the frame. The driver side has the Relocation plate (on bottom) + 1 rectangle plate (on top of relocation plate), passenger side has 2 rectangle plates. Pretty simple.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463028401.120082.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463028426.523115.jpg

I loosened both sides of the sway bar and removed to bolts from the passenger side. I installed the two plates on the passenger side first. I then installed everything into the bracket. Then on the driver side I installed the bracket and the plate. The bracket was the lower part then the plate. It looks harder than it is.

Hope that helps a little.

swampdog

If you don't want to pay $55 for a silly relocation bracket you can make you own or do what I did and just zip tie it up there...super easy

RoughRider

View attachment 202957
View attachment 202958

I loosened both sides of the sway bar and removed to bolts from the passenger side. I installed the two plates on the passenger side first. I then installed everything into the bracket. Then on the driver side I installed the bracket and the plate. The bracket was the lower part then the plate. It looks harder than it is.

Hope that helps a little.

So I'm going to need to lift my jeep, to install both of them correct?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So does EVO send 2 bags of bolts for the bumper? Because I have 2 packages of the same hardware

Yes they do. One is for the stinger and the other is just for the bumper. Use the stinger hardware as it has more bolts which are needed for the holes that you need to drill.

Top Bottom