Mud Terrain Tires

PurpleHayes519

I searched the forum and couldn't quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for a nice set of 33" (33x12.50x15 to be exact) tires to buy in the near future but am not entirely sure on what to get. The only off road action I'm able to do is some good ole' mudding for the time being. But I'd say I spend about 95% of my time ON :( the road. I would love love love to get some Nitto Mud Grapplers, but lets face it I can't afford those unfortunately. Tire noise on the road is not an issue to me considering I usually have the radio up too loud to hear anything else anyway and when it isn't I like the hum. So, I ask you fellow Wayalifers, what tires do you recommend under these conditions? I also wouldn't mind a nice set of all terrain tires. I have BFG A/T on my Jeep but they don't perform too hot in the mud, they clog way too quick. The tires will be for my truck which I'm currently running BFG M/T which came on the truck when I purchased it. I do like the BFG M/T's just exploring all of my options here.

Sorry for writing a whole novel here to ask a simple question.

Adam

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Check out www.treadwright.com
I have their 315/70R17 Guard Dogs. I have had them for about 8 months now and they still look new. They have a new wall to wall design now that looks good too. I have been extremely satisfied with these tires. They perform great everywhere I have taken them, and they have surprisingly good road manners. They do hum, but its not annoying. If you can look past the fact they are retreads, you will be happy with them. If anything they can be a very good tire that allows you to save for something you want further in the future. Here are a couple pics for you.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367287490.678384.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367287673.529777.jpg

Paratroopers Stay Up Longer!

PurpleHayes519

Those are some sweet looking tires. I was looking at them and pretty much knew it was what I wanted instantly. I go to check out sizes, of course not a single tire is offered in 33x12.50x15. Maybe I'll have to go ahead and buy some wheels too, I was considering that anyway.
Thanks a lot for the info.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Try giving Discount Tire a call. Maybe they can set you up with a wheel and tire combo at a good price.

Paratroopers Stay Up Longer!

rubicrawl

Those are some sweet looking tires. I was looking at them and pretty much knew it was what I wanted instantly. I go to check out sizes, of course not a single tire is offered in 33x12.50x15. Maybe I'll have to go ahead and buy some wheels too, I was considering that anyway.

I willing to sell you my mud terrain BFG's with my rubicon rims for $500 they do really good in mud and on the street so far I'm going with 35's that's why but they are 254/75/17

metaldemon

I am going to put on Cooper Discoverer SST. When I wear out the BFG MT that are on it now. I have BFG AT on my Cherokee, and I have never been happy with them.

PurpleHayes519

I am going to put on Cooper Discoverer SST. When I wear out the BFG MT that are on it now. I have BFG AT on my Cherokee, and I have never been happy with them.

The AT tires are great on road and in snow. Mud is their worst enemy, they clog so damn quick. I'll look into the Cooper's though. I've heard of them just never given them true consideration.

gouacats

I'm happy with my Goodyear Duratracs in 33x12.5r15. I also had BFG KM2s in the same size on my old Jeep. I really liked both sets. I got the Duratracs this time because they were cheaper.

Try a mom and pop tire shop in your local area. In Jacksonville we have a local tire store which has a little better prices than the bigger chain stores.

Atch

I'll be selling my wheels & tires in a month or two. I have 295/70r17 toyo open country mt (33") wrapped around black AEV pintlers. If interested pm me, I live in Des Moines so if interested we could meet around the quad cities.

Edit: never mind just noticed you have an LJ

Last edited:

JKU EXTREME

That's what I was mad about too, but I think I'm just going to stay with the stock 16" rims and just plasti dip them, they won't be what I really want but right now since I'm on a VERY tight budget I'm taking performance and cost over looks, but ya I was originally looking for some cheap (under 100$ each) but since these tires are so cheap you can probably be able to afford a set of cheap rims with the savings you'll get off these tires

cluelessJK

Ill sell you mine :) lol 33/1250/r20 federal couragia's with 20x9 atx wheels..

Yep disregard, non-LJUBLJANA compatible.

Last edited:

sean.m.adams33

I am content with my Toyo open country M/T's. But it sounds like you might definitely want an A/T tire. You would probably benefit from that the most.

White_JKU

I've been running the Mickey thompson Baja M/t's

I don't go "mudding" but here in the south east, alot of the trail riding is in moist to saturated dirt and clay which acts like mud alot of times even if the conditions are dry. The Mickey Thompson's have suited me very very well. Although I do plan on going to an aggressive all terrain after these are gone as they prob. will not see 50k miles. Im at 25k and they are about 1/2 worn out.

TonkaJK1031

I've got some 33" BFG M/T KM2 and love them. Never been stuck in the mud. And mudding and trail riding is all the wheeling I've done. And they have helped me pull some of my non jeep owning friend out of the mud too.

Top Bottom