So how many YJ owners are there here on WAL?

lenny65ss

Ok so I'm new here ,I just bought a 1992 yj from the original owner with only 32k .no rust!!! Never off road, and like new, I'm loving this little toy,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lenny65ss

Ok so I'm new here ,I just bought a 1992 yj from the original owner with only 32k .no rust!!! Never off road, and like new, I'm loving this little toy,

I'm really thinking of doing a motor swap from the current four-cylinder with 32,000 miles to six cylinder but everyone that knows my jeep tells me do not touch it it will kill the value? Would you do it ? and recommend it would like to hear from all the jeepers

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

I'm really thinking of doing a motor swap from the current four-cylinder with 32,000 miles to six cylinder but everyone that knows my jeep tells me do not touch it it will kill the value? Would you do it ? and recommend it would like to hear from all the jeepers

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I would say if you plan on keeping it then yes if you plan to sell it or trade in then no

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

Ok I'm keeping it, So what would you recommend? A 6 4.0 OR A chevy 350 ????

Personally I would go with the inline 6 258. But that's me and I wouldn't put over a 33 inch tire on it, but maybe a max 35inch tire, so really would be no need. Would regear to a 4.56 call it a day. Keep in mind the Dana 35 reared was a weak point on those jeeps. It was actually mote likely to break than the 30. Allot of it well depend pin what you want to do with it really. I had an 83 cj7 for 4.5 years all original except for 2 inch longer than stock shackles and the 31 inch mud tires. I wheeled the hell out of it. Never broke an axle, drive shaft or anything on it. The inline 6 with 4.10 great ratios was perfect for what I was doing in out.

lenny65ss

Personally I would go with the inline 6 258. But that's me and I wouldn't put over a 33 inch tire on it, but maybe a max 35inch tire, so really would be no need. Would regear to a 4.56 call it a day. Keep in mind the Dana 35 reared was a weak point on those jeeps. It was actually mote likely to break than the 30. Allot of it well depend pin what you want to do with it really. I had an 83 cj7 for 4.5 years all original except for 2 inch longer than stock shackles and the 31 inch mud tires. I wheeled the hell out of it. Never broke an axle, drive shaft or anything on it. The inline 6 with 4.10 great ratios was perfect for what I was doing in out.

Thank you for your opinion,I have 33s on it now and 410 gears, (not sure about gears that is what I'm told) I'm going to use this jeep for driving!just to and from) some HWY AND ITS HARD to keep up 65 MPH. That's why I want a 6 ,, if I had smaller tires I'm told it would have a lot more power I'm told,

Draconianwinter

Thank you for your opinion,I have 33s on it now and 410 gears, (not sure about gears that is what I'm told) I'm going to use this jeep for driving!just to and from) some HWY AND ITS HARD to keep up 65 MPH. That's why I want a 6 ,, if I had smaller tires I'm told it would have a lot more power I'm told,

Yeah but that's no fun lol. Definitely look into the 6

lenny65ss

Do you think it would depreciate the jeep putting a none #s matching motor????

Draconianwinter

Like it or not changing the motor will always effect it though not like some people will claim. Mostly depends on if the motor you put in is a good motor and the install is done properly. That said if you are using the jeep at all then thou will decrease the value. Jeeps are great and hold value better than most, but one thing yup keep in mind. No matter if it is a hot rod or a jeep you not likely ever get back three amount of money you spend on it. If you are planning to keep it then habe fun with it even if it doesn't go on tails you can still enjoy it. The engine swap is pretty much a preference. Me I would do the swap n the next guy you ask may not. When j had my last cj7 people thought I was insane for taking it off road, because it was on such good shape, and it was. But I still did out and enjoyed the hell out of that little jeep. Oddly enough when I bought my 2016 Rubicon people said the same exact thing about how they would never take it off road because it was way to nice of a vehicle. No matter what you do or don't do someone will always disagree with what you are doing lol

Top Bottom