Top repair or just a New top???

IslandMedic

Upon inspecting my 2008 Jeep JK Unlimited after a mild winter and wanting to take the top down, I found that I had a leak from some worn weatherstripping down the B post. But to an even bigger WTF, I found that the interior strap that runs from the back window brace to the B post brace has ripped 3/4 of the way through. I was planning on eventually buying a new top but those plans are about a year off with a lot of other upgrades. Is it even worth it to try and patch the strap or should Ijust look at a replacement top?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
well, you can find brand new tops going for sale for about $500. if you can get it fixed for under that, it might be worth it. otherwise, i might look for a 2010 top or newer as they are the new cable top design and much nicer.

IslandMedic

Thanks, I'm gonna go ahead and bite the bullet and get the Bestop Trektop NX. Seems to be the one for me. It's the top I've wanted and the tax refund is in.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, I'm gonna go ahead and bite the bullet and get the Bestop Trektop NX. Seems to be the one for me. It's the top I've wanted and the tax refund is in.

i think you'll be real happy with it. i have the older trektop and so want the nx.

Top Bottom