Greetings from Bristol,TN ! 2010 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - White

pastorwug

Pimpin' other forums or Facebook pages are not Kosher here - not permitted - best to edit your post and remove the Ad.

JArnold

Pimpin' other forums or Facebook pages are not Kosher here - not permitted - best to edit your post and remove the Ad.

I could understand that if it was another forum. This is my local club. Isn't jeeping all about getting together , making new friends, and having a great time wheeling? Just trying to bring ppl together.

pastorwug

I could understand that if it was another forum. This is my local club. Isn't jeeping all about getting together , making new friends, and having a great time wheeling? Just trying to bring ppl together.

Forum rules:

Can I post a Facebook or other social media competition on WAYALIFE?
No. We would ask that you please refrain from starting threads or making posts regarding competitions being hosted on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or any other social media sites.

Can I post links or direct members to other Jeep related forums, Facebook or other social media sites?
While we would prefer that you did not post links or direct members to other Jeep related forums, facebook pages, Google+, chat rooms or other social media outlets, it is something we do allow SO LONG AS you are NOT the owner of the site in question and/or, they do not allow or encourage hate toward the owners of WAYALIFE.com or it's moderators. Soliciting traffic to anyone of these sites is not allowed. Please be advised that your post may be edited or removed if it contains such content.

You agreed to this rule when you signed on.
No heartburn, you made a mistake, just remove the post by editing it and we're all happy.

Last edited:

JArnold

Forum rules:

Can I post a Facebook or other social media competition on WAYALIFE?
No. We would ask that you please refrain from starting threads or making posts regarding competitions being hosted on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or any other social media sites.

You agreed to this rule when you signed on.
No heartburn, you made a mistake, just remove the post by editing it and we're all happy.

A LOCAL club invitation is competition for WOL?

JArnold

I'm sorry, read the other rule I posted.
BTW - you should probably go back and read all the rules just to be safe, I have. :thumb:

Well I don't own Facebook and almost everyone of the members of the club are also members of WOL. We refer new members TO WOL due to the knowledge that we have all received by being members here. I'm not trying to do anything but get local guys together.

Landman

Tricities Jeep Club is not a competition nor does it have a website. It's THE ONLY thing we have in this area to get with people in the region and there is 100% no profit or even money involved.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Landman

Unless we are supposed to refer to it as: regional (tricities) WAYALIFE members?

pastorwug

I'll let one of the Moderators respond at this point.
Having read the rules to WAYALIFE I think it would have been appropriate (at least) to PM WAYALIFE forum owner and ask if you can advertise your Jeep club.
It's our privilege to be a part of this Forum, not our right, and not our right to advertise other Jeep clubs either.
Just sayin'.

Landman

I definitely agree that no one should pimp stuff for any gain, I can tell you that JArnold did not do this for any monetary gain though.

Landman

Ok, so after sending a private message to wayalife, they do not have a problem mentioning local jeep clubs.

Landman

Financial isn't what that statement was for. Also, the rule as stated to me was for people who joined for the sole purpose of getting traffic to a site or event or club. Thank for your "concern" though?:confused:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, so after sending a private message to wayalife, they do not have a problem mentioning local jeep clubs.

Sorry, I just saw this thread for the first time and I wish you would have sent me a link so that I could get a better understanding of what you were referring to. While I'm okay with you mentioning your local Jeep club, this was more of a solicitation to garner more FB fans and I am not okay with that.

Landman

Sorry, I just saw this thread for the first time and I wish you would have sent me a link so that I could get a better understanding of what you were referring to. While I'm okay with you mentioning your local Jeep club, this was more of a solicitation to garner more FB fans and I am not okay with that.

Yea sorry I was on my mobile. So other than the facebook mention it is ok though right? As in if we say to a Wayalife member that is near the are, that there is a local jeep club/tricities jeep club? We definitely don't want to step on toes! pastorwug I didn't mean to get this involved in this thread Ill get out of this subject!

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yea sorry I was on my mobile. So other than the facebook mention it is ok though right? As in if we say to a Wayalife member that is near the are, that there is a local jeep club/tricities jeep club/

The post in question had a BIG image with the name of your club and a "PLEASE JOIN US" and a FB link. That to me is pimping your club, not mentioning it. If a guy in your area were to come on the forum and say "hey, I live in the tricities area and want to hook up with other Jeepers" and you came on to say, "hey, I belong to the tricities jeep club and you should hook up with us", that would be mentioning it. Does that make sense?

Top Bottom