Close

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    i have done this before and had no problems with the Rubicon. but now i am in a Sport with open differentials and unsure if there is limited slip in the gears. i have always used this in the past:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418265352.468374.jpg

can this be used in the 30/44 combo as well or should I be using a different kind of fluid?

Quote Originally Posted by M_Savage View Post
    i have done this before and had no problems with the Rubicon. but now i am in a Sport with open differentials and unsure if there is limited slip in the gears. i have always used this in the past:

can this be used in the 30/44 combo as well or should I be using a different kind of fluid?
    Adding friction modifier to an open diff won't hurt anything, so go for it. If you already have the fluid, use it. The exception would be that it could harm the seals in an ARB locker.

Fresh Catch
    Good info thanks for the write up just got 4.88s installed will need to Change out oils soon

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeJeep View Post
    Well, I gotta say....I was quoted for $500+ to change the fluids at a dealership service.....I was NOT happy with the possible bill.

So, then I did some research...a lot of people are saying they heard the same price tag too and some mentioned they did it themselves. I decided to do it after finding this write up. It was so easy!! Thank you for this write up!

Total savings....around $450 -- I see myself ordering more mods soon! :-)
    Holy crap I couldn't even imagine myself taking the jeep to a shop for that really hope people find threads like these and aren't suckered into that awful price tag. Swapping my oil out tomorrow just put the first 500 on these yukon 4.88's using mobile 1 too easy of work not to do yourself.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app