2008 Grand Cherokee 4x4 question

Dcarni27

Im looking to buy a 2008 cherokee that just came through the dealer ship near me. It's in great shape and good mileage. My only question is that it says 4x4 on the truck and the car fax, but i cant find a swithch or a knob to change it. Am i missing something here?

jhires

Im looking to buy a 2008 cherokee that just came through the dealer ship near me. It's in great shape and good mileage. My only question is that it says 4x4 on the truck and the car fax, but i cant find a swithch or a knob to change it. Am i missing something here?

The 2008 Cherokee is full time 4x4 with two different types.
One has low range and the other does not. Would be good to ask them to send a pic. If you plan to do any offroad, you would want to have low range.
If it does have low range, it will have a "T" shaped pull up switch just behind the shift lever on the console.

firecrew1

owning a gc and wranglers i have found that the 6 cyl version is the full time and the v8 and hemi models have the 4lo t lever

BlackKnight

I have the 2K JGC, and my 4.7 is full time 4. only the newer ones with the hemis etc have the 2 option as they are more Street than dirt...

firecrew1

I have the 2K JGC, and my 4.7 is full time 4. only the newer ones with the hemis etc have the 2 option as they are more Street than dirt...

Correct, i believe it was 2005 and newer, the one i have is an 07 with the 6 cyl and it doesnt have the t bar lever. although it never gets driven due to the 2 wranglers and ram :D

Theogriff15

It all depends on what engine you have, and what 4x4 system you have.

If you have the 3.7L V6, odds are you have a 3.07 gear ratio, and no low range. However there were a very small number built with the 3.7L mated to a low range which came with an optional tow package. If you have a 3.7L with the tow package your gear ratio is 3.55.

If you have either the 4.7L V8 or the 5.7L Hemi V8 odds are you'll be equipped with a low range and a 3.73 gear ratio.

Hope this helps!

JamesCo

It all depends on what engine you have, and what 4x4 system you have.

If you have the 3.7L V6, odds are you have a 3.07 gear ratio, and no low range. However there were a very small number built with the 3.7L mated to a low range which came with an optional tow package. If you have a 3.7L with the tow package your gear ratio is 3.55.

If you have either the 4.7L V8 or the 5.7L Hemi V8 odds are you'll be equipped with a low range and a 3.73 gear ratio.

Hope this helps!

This is why I LOVE this forum. I don't say much on here but I'm always reading and educating myself with your post. We bought our son an '04 Dodge 2500 and were thinking about building his (now ours again) '05 Grand Cherokee with the V6 into a thrasher machine. But obviously without 4Low that would be wasting our time. So time to liquidate it. Thanks for saving me money that I need for my future JK.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom