Welcome to the WAYALIFE Jeep Forum : More than just a Jeep - It's a way of life!.
    Hooked

Leaf Spring Question

So I have a 94 YJ which is sprung under and i was out on some moderate trails yesterday and was doing what flexing that I can do and started hearing a pop...It sounded like it was in my front end...would or could it be a front spring or maybe a bushing??

Thanks David

Administrator
    could be some shifting in your wraps but, i would be such a bad idea to give your shackel bushings a look. are they still stock or aftermarket?

Hooked
    They are after market BUT they are the 1.5" lift shackles, and the leaf springs are...Well who knows how old...I am thinking that I am going to order a set of R.E. 4.5" springs and get rid of the lift shackle business...Have you hear anything about the Teraflex revolver shackles??

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    could be some shifting in your wraps but, i would be such a bad idea to give your shackel bushings a look. are they still stock or aftermarket?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 94YJBeaver View Post
    They are after market BUT they are the 1.5" lift shackles, and the leaf springs are...Well who knows how old...I am thinking that I am going to order a set of R.E. 4.5" springs and get rid of the lift shackle business...Have you hear anything about the Teraflex revolver shackles??
    well, i'd double check the torque on those bolts as they may have come loose and just shifting around. unfortunately, i have no experience with the revolver shackles. sorry.

Hooked
    Thank you for your input...Always appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    well, i'd double check the torque on those bolts as they may have come loose and just shifting around. unfortunately, i have no experience with the revolver shackles. sorry.

Fresh Catch
    I have a ton of parts that would get your rig sprung over... Was gonna do the soa but am doing links instead.... After buying the parts...

Hooked
    What did all the parts cost you for the soa? What all did you buy?

Quote Originally Posted by 93whore View Post
    I have a ton of parts that would get your rig sprung over... Was gonna do the soa but am doing links instead.... After buying the parts...