Trail Wildlife!

Brankz

Yep, I am a Hummer fanatic. I have made a few runs with your group and thouroughly enjoyed the company. Some of the XoCal group has seen my truck and know I am not afraid of getting it scratched/dented/beat-up. Besides, one day I will probably own a Jeep since Hummer is gone.

I now release theis thread back to the topic.

Thumbs!!!!!......

The wife and I just did a week long road trip mini-vacation run thru SW Colorado and hit a bunch of the mountain passes (another tread coming soon in the 'Destinations & Beyond' as soon as we sort the photos) but here is some of the wildlife that we saw...
DSC_0177.JPG
Marmot found at the high mountain elevations (10,000 foot an up)
DSC_0183.JPG
Doe eating next to a mine claim.
DSC_0242.JPG
Couple of nice bucks 'hanging out' in a yard of a house.

Big Wall

Migrating tarantula in the middle of the trail in south eastern Colorado. It climbed up my arm. across my back and out my other arm.

Picket Wire 1.jpg Picket Wire 2.jpg

DA RUNT

Ran into this lil fella last year on Oahu. Was pretty tame, actually ate some corn nuts from our hands.

Attachments

• IMG_0682.jpg
    IMG_0682.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 199

Leocon

Last week, Cindy and I did some exploring and came across a team of mustangs galloping across Northern Nevada desert. By the look of it, a big stallion was running his mares away from a smaller one and was aggressively trying to chase it away. It was an impressive site to see and here are a few photos that we were able to take of the action. I hope you enjoy.

Here's a few shots of the mares and colts galloping across the desert...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Here's a shot of the stallion aggressively chasing off his competitor. He literally bit hard into the smaller guy a few times...
main.php

After chasing the little guy off, the stallion galloped full speed to catch up with the rest of the herd...
main.php

We've seen a lot of wild horse up here but this was the first time we've seen them in action like this. It was way cool to see :yup:

Way cool...Pure beauty

Rharvey160

Not really wildlife but seen on the trail. Eureka Gulch (Colorado) 9-14.
Flock of Sheep 9-14.jpg

There always seems to be a least one....
Black Sheep 9-14.jpg

NV375

These two are from Saturday.
1415612518335.jpg
Same critter.
1415612589860.jpg

Sent using the WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom