Trembley's Build

Trembley

I think so...but like I said with sale and gift cards actual cost to me was very little....hence why it was worth it to me.

bl17z90

And thats all that matters is if you like it. I want to build my own just for the sake of a project my dad and Incan work on together.

noroad

Ok... so for X-mas I got myself a Warn Xd9000 winch....it's till boxed up waiting for my new VKS Fab bumper that is currently in route.. I will post pics when I get that all together.

View attachment 71100

I also got myself a switch panel solution for X-mas with the black friday sales going on and a gift card or two...it was worth it to me. I hooked it up with some OTRATTW switches and I must say I love it... can't wait to get it installed.

View attachment 70898

Then I went ahead and got some of those LED back up light bulbs from the ongoing thread.

Work great for me!

View attachment 70900

I also got some of the bulbs for the factory fogs...but haven't put that together yet. Planning on using my stock fogs in my rear bumper configuration.

Then....I have just ordered, Synergy LCA skids, C-Gussets, SS relocation bracket and SS clamp to replace my taco'd stock unit with a buddies Bilstein Unit. Also ordered Teraflex Differential covers that I am customizing a bit with some body match paint covering the Teraflex Red lol. Orderd mostly through Northridge. I'll add pics here once I get them all installed. Be posting again soon...next, On Board Air and some lighting I think.

Where did you get that switch holder i like it!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Most likely because of the whole thread Eddie posted about it. For that I can't blame him. I would rather take the time to build the DYI one

Sent from my iPhone

I think so...but like I said with sale and gift cards actual cost to me was very little....hence why it was worth it to me.

exact reason, but it works for what i wanted. If I would have saw that eddie moved his one panned to where the spod mounts and actually looks really good, I probably would have went that route.

Ben, whats the little button on the side of yours? i dont have that on my pannel.

Trembley

There has been an update on the sPod..it now comes wired for a dual lit LED if you select that option..what that little switch allows you to do is connect right to the battery and turn the led's in your switch on and off at will I believe. That way you can skip using switched power and completely bypass the stock electrics for everything.

If...I'm not mistaken...which is a possibility....

Ben

MICP3309

makes sense, i didnt want to pay extra for the dual lit, which i kind of wish i did.

Its super easy to re-wire with dual lit switches.. mine are wired to (1) dash lights so the green dim with the dash dimmer, and (2) reds to the normal sPod wiring, so they come on when you flip the switch.

Attachments

• 1239499_10201620127281465_1828340010_n.jpg
    1239499_10201620127281465_1828340010_n.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 264
  • 945841_10201620127441469_313556001_n.jpg
    945841_10201620127441469_313556001_n.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 267
  • 1375821_10201620120601298_1725042080_n.jpg
    1375821_10201620120601298_1725042080_n.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 267

Trembley

That might not be a bad idea...makes sense as if you want them on during the day a nice indicator that they are on works...and then you have the bottom on when you put on the parking lights or head lights or want interior lights, like when it's dark out. May have to have you take a few extra shots of which wires you used for that. Either that or I just go with the on, off little switch all wired to the battery. I'll have to see how I like it. I can always change it.

Cheers

Trembley

Well, all my parts came in and are ready and waiting for an install party coming soon.....I did want to post a pic of the raw bumper as promised.

IMG_0211.jpg

Also my Diff covers, I have cleaned up the silver so that it looks nice..just didn't take another pic....I will once installed.

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That's a different looking bumper. I'm interested in what it looks like!

Sent from my iPhone

JKUx

Reading along and I like the overhead switch panel that looks great and overall a solid build. Thank you for sharing!👍

Trembley

Finally have time to upload some images of what was done.

Front bumper VKS Pre-runner with Warn XD9000 installed as well as Warn Fairlead and AEV front plate bracket

IMG_0233[1].jpg

IMG_0234[1].jpg

sPod with dual lit LED's

IMG_0226[1].jpg
IMG_0221[1].jpg

Diff's serviced and Teraflex Covers installed. You also get a nice view of my new Bilstein SS mounted with Synergy relocation bracket and clamps. Replaced the track bar bolt with Grade 8 while we were at it.

IMG_0232[1].jpg

Synergy LCA skids and C gussets going in.

IMG_0231[1].jpg

Also had a hand in cleaning up the wiring in my Engine Bay and it looks great now.

IMG_0227[1].jpg

Also re-did my fender trim after easing some of the angles I had previously made so that it could be done with one continuous piece of trim....still picking gorilla glue off my fingers that I used for some of the tougher curves just to be sure they stay on!!

IMG_0242[1].jpg

Up next some extended brake lines, synthetic winch line, and synergy rear lower control arm skids + shock relocation brackets. I will probably be done for a while after those and just focus on wheeling as much as I can!

Cheers

Top Bottom