New to the world of jeeps!

jonnyx67

Hello community,

I would like to present my self as a new jeep fan, I am from Canada and I want a jeep as a car which I would then start upgrading to hit MOAB next summer. I hope you can help me make a choice of getting what kind of wrangler. I currently own a Explorer XLS 2000 ever since I was a kid I would dream of getting an Wrangler, all my life I had SUV as cars in my family. Hope this wave is good enough!

Thanks for reading,

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
well welcome to wayalife!! may this be the first step in a long life changing experience :thumb:

Serg5000

Stop and sell it. Unless your ready for the adventure of a life time. We decided to keep ours. Welcome to Jeep.

ZERO LIMITZ

I have a 4 door JKU and would not part with it...... I travel all over the USA with work and that's my daily driver..... I love it...... I have been modding it out while on the road and I has been a solid ride

Indefatigable

Thanks everyone, i'm wondering what type of jeep to buy as a first one which model.

Guessing brand new then? The 2012 has superior engine performance compared to the 07-11

You are probably going to be looking at a 2012 Wrangler with the Rubicon package. 2dr or 4dr is your choice, much like the transmission and colour.

jonnyx67

Guessing brand new then? The 2012 has superior engine performance compared to the 07-11

You are probably going to be looking at a 2012 Wrangler with the Rubicon package. 2dr or 4dr is your choice, much like the transmission and colour.

I can't afford that one yet due to the fact that I am a student at the moment so I was thinking more of something in the lines of a 04 sahara since it will be more affordable to my current job and financial status. Thanks for the help, and from your point of view or anyone else what's is better the four door or the two door model?

MTG

Caught the Bug
jonnyx67 said:
I can't afford that one yet due to the fact that I am a student at the moment so I was thinking more of something in the lines of a 04 sahara since it will be more affordable to my current job and financial status. Thanks for the help, and from your point of view or anyone else what's is better the four door or the two door model?

Depends on your needs, but if you're looking at the 2004 models it will not matter as the 4 doors were not introduced until 2007.

Indefatigable

03-06 TJ Rubicon would probably be the preference then.

Pick your colour and transmission.

the 05-06 Unlimited Rubicon (AKA LJ) is also nice for the length. If you can find one.

But its Quebec. Rust is a problem. Long arm would be the way to go, no bother trying to fiddle with the rusted bolts trying to put a budget/short arm lift in. Just cut the mounts off and weld on new long arm mounts.

I guess the good news is that Rubicons in Quebec seem to be the cheapest around. Or so I found when I was helping a friend look for one last fall.

jonnyx67

Alright thanks a lot and yes we do have a lot of rust due to the salt used on our roads during winter however i was wondering what would be the best bet standard or automatic transmission if i was to let's say hit some trails at some point.

Top Bottom