Snake season!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
So, I was working on my cabin last night and about to wrap it up due to it getting dark. I was sitting on the stairs adjusting the gate I made to close off porch when I stood up I noticed something move very quickly at me. This little shit was coiled up on the last stair and struck at me. I moved just in time and quick enough for a fat guy for him to miss me. I think he was just letting me know he was there. Talk about freaking me out. I was very lucky. So I got my beat down oar and stick and picked the shit up and took him to a secluded lot and let him go. Always be aware of your surroundings you never know what is next to or by you.

ForumRunner_20140922_030352.jpg

hogtyed

My neighbor told my that on Thursday night that he killed one just on the other side of my driveway. Be careful out there. :jaw drop:

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Don't like them myself, but I did see a 375 lb Burmese python at the Texas state fair one year, 375 lbs is a LOT of snake, his head was as big as mine.

jeeeep

Hooked
seems the abnormal warm weather is keep them from hibernating...

still seeing too many of them out and about.

When I was traveling to East and South Texas oil fields I packed a set of snake gaiters to wear over my boots, yes it was overkill but I hated them seeing me first!

Also packed a extractor snake bite kit, have never had to use it but that's a good thing.

I like snakes but the venomous ones not so much.

jeeeep

Hooked
Rattlesnakes are not endangered....LOL..kill them all

well, several species of rattlers are protected but it varies from state to state and honestly, other than an expert who would know which species/sub-species are protected...

if you feel you're in danger then you can kill them, but if you get busted hunting for fun well....

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Also packed a extractor snake bite kit, have never had to use it but that's a good thing.

There are several medical studies showing that the Extractor doesn't work. I used to have three but I don't carry them anymore. The studies against effectiveness were so compelling that even the creator of the Extractor was forced to change his tune.

Recurve

This was this past summer. I get all kinds of black snakes in my neck of the woods, I love em :thumb: I think because we got such a huge frog an toad population lol.
I went out on the back porch an sat down on the chair, then notice this guy coiled up behind me on the fire place.

just show ya how close he was lol . funny, I dont mind black snakes, they actually keep the poison ones away.

hogtyed

This was this past summer. I get all kinds of black snakes in my neck of the woods, I love em :thumb: I think because we got such a huge frog an toad population lol.
I went out on the back porch an sat down on the chair, then notice this guy coiled up behind me on the fire place.

just show ya how close he was lol . funny, I dont mind black snakes, they actually keep the poison ones away.

Looks like he found a nice home... :eek:

hogtyed

Hey guys just want to share. A friend of mine was bit Wednesday night by an 18" baby rattler when he walked through the door from the house into his garage. He stepped right on it (in his flip flops) and didnt hear any rattle until he was on it. He was transported and has been 2 nights so far in Fallbrook hospital. Really makes you think about what the plan would be if you are out on the trail and you or the kids run into one...

Hope your friend is doing better...:biggrinbounce:

Top Bottom