ARB High Output On-Board Air Compressor Under the Hood JK Installation Write-Up

ttfhell

Funny, EVO's "new" bracket is a couple of years old. I've been running it for about that long and I "somehow" managed to get mine installed without cutting the carriage bolts, relocating the horn, or running wires across the brake reservoir. In fact, most of the stuff you mentioned I've never heard before. I agree that your post seems more intent on being critical than helpful. :thinking:

You must've done it wrong.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
tatonka56 said:
No one that I know of had mentioned this before so I have no idea how you managed to get the mount to fit without trimming the carriage bolts.

Is the 2014 engine bay layout different than the 2012? If not, you made a lot of extra and unnecessary work for yourself. At the point you were considering cutting off bolts that no one has ever mentioned they had to cut, it might have been wise to ask for help and photos before proceeding.

No worries though, some people like to do things the hard way.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Funny, EVO's "new" bracket is a couple of years old. I've been running it for about that long and I "somehow" managed to get mine installed without cutting the carriage bolts, relocating the horn, or running wires across the brake reservoir. In fact, most of the stuff you mentioned I've never heard before. I agree that your post seems more intent on being critical than helpful. :thinking:

Well from where I'm sitting it's obvious...... He's more badasser than you. :yup:

tatonka56

If you have a 2012+ JK and were able to place the 2012+ EVO mount in without relocating the horn, I'd love to see a pic so I know where I screwed up. There didn't appear to be any room to leave it where it was from stock.

Is the 2014 engine bay layout different than the 2012? If not, you made a lot of extra and unnecessary work for yourself. At the point you were considering cutting off bolts that no one has ever mentioned they had to cut, it might have been wise to ask for help and photos before proceeding.

No worries though, some people like to do things the hard way.

Wasn't trying to be arrogant or even do it the hard way however, I'm good at doing the latter I reckon lol. Apparently my sense of humor for wording choices sounded harsh. I'm more than happy to buy the next round tho! :beer: Don't know of any other way to say this, but that was not my intention. When I typed that it wasn't mentioned before...it's because it wasn't...I don't know of another way of saying that without sounding critical. The original thread was written for a 2009 JK.

If you see in my pics that I've done something wrong, can you point to something in particular to assist???

MTG

Caught the Bug
If you have a 2012+ JK and were able to place the 2012+ EVO mount in without relocating the horn, I'd love to see a pic so I know where I screwed up. There didn't appear to be any room to leave it where it was from stock.

I'm fairly sure there are pics in the Knuckles thread. I'm not going to bother to go look them up. But I know I didn't move the horn.

Sounds like the 14s may be different. Who knows?

Yeah, your wording choice was poor.

Regardless, I hope your here to have a good time and not be an :asshat: :thumb:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
The 14 have the horn in the way, but the choice of words was wrong. nothing wrong with adding to the write up instead of saying how "nothing was mentioned"

Attachments

• 1401513353316.jpg
    1401513353316.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 383

MTG

Caught the Bug
The 14 have the horn in the way, but the choice of words was wrong. nothing wrong with adding to the write up instead of saying how "nothing was mentioned"

Is that horn louder? Mine is so weak I don't even like to use it. :grayno:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Is that horn louder? Mine is so weak I don't even like to use it. :grayno:

Yeah, my 12 is weak also, the white jeep is a bit louder. I think they still have the other horn also. Like a dual horn set up. I would like something better, even la cucaracha would be nice:D

SaddleTramp

Just to clarify, there is a change with the 14's, not sure if it is the shape or orientation of the master cylinder but ORE actually massaged my own EVO mount installation by cutting off the ends of the bolts for mine. If not, the compressor mount bolts cause the mount to teeter and don't allow the two slotted bracket holes in the back of the mount to slide behind the master cylinder far enough to reach securely. I think I just bent the extra horn outta the way.

Write up (as are all the others) is fantastic, mount works awesome and love how well this little compressor fills 37's, somebody at Mopar just decided to mess with us, shit changes, it's a Jeep and a purpose built toy, have fun with the installations.

Maybe the Aussies at ARB just decided to F' with us blokes and started sending out longer bolts???

jljohnson464

I just ordered this package from Northridge for my '10 Sahara both for inflating and to power my front air locker. I got my locker from a friend for a great price as he had bumped up to a larger front axle. So, my question is this: would I be correct in assuming I will need to order a solenoid for my locker or does this kit happen to include one? Thanks!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I just ordered this package from Northridge for my '10 Sahara both for inflating and to power my front air locker. I got my locker from a friend for a great price as he had bumped up to a larger front axle. So, my question is this: would I be correct in assuming I will need to order a solenoid for my locker or does this kit happen to include one? Thanks!

You received just the arb air locker from your friend but no associated air hoses or wires? Then yes, you will also need the relay for the air locker. You'll see when you get your compressor that the electrical harness comes with connections for the front and rear locker but no switches or relays as from my understanding that they come with the locker package.

2014 JKUR

jljohnson464

Thank you for answering my question. The wiring would have been nice for sure but I got a good enough deal to more than make up for replacing the solenoid, switch, and wiring. Thanks again!

mallaki

Hello all there :)

I just installed ARB CKMA12 compressor in my 2012 JKU using the EVO bracket. So far only the mechanical part is installed.. (Compressor mounted to bracket and bracket mounted under the hood)... So far all looks good :)

Next step would be to connect all wires and harness and actually make it work. I bought the complete kit from Northridge4x4.com...

I will be using this compressor STRICTLY for airing-up my tires, so I want my switch under the hood next to compressor. I will not be using it for lockers..

Now my question is, do I still need to use the “pressure sensor” and the “three way splitter” or can I just attach the “ARB air compressor valve” directly to side port on the tank (on black bracket)

Some people mentioned it before in this thread that they connected the compressor directly to battery. If that's safe, i am OK with that... again. I want to have this compressor under the hood and once switch is flipped, compressor start to work, once switch is flipped again to off position compressor shuts off... I am looking I guess for a very simple architecture... So what do I do next and how do I connect it.

1. Do I use the three way splitter ?
2. Do I need to use the pressure sensor ?
3. do I need the relay ?
4. do I need the fuse ?

Thanks in advance...

Top Bottom