Offroad Evolution shop thread!

JKRicky

EVO1 looks ready to kill it! Good luck you guys and be safe.

Also thank you Drew and Mel for being super cool and welcoming at the shop as I got to check it out for the first time today. And of course thanks for the decals!

Dubaibentzen

I like the new design of Offroad Evolutions webpage. Looks really good! :thumb: But what happened to the section with 2.0 and 2.5 King shocks? I cant find them on the new webpage, only King bumpstops and coilovers come up when I run a search.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I like the new design of Offroad Evolutions webpage. Looks really good! :thumb: But what happened to the section with 2.0 and 2.5 King shocks? I cant find them on the new webpage, only King bumpstops and coilovers come up when I run a search.

They don't have everything up yet.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Hey fella's, we're in the area and thought we'd stop by tomorrow to see what's happening in the shop. That cool with you guys?

KING of the Hammers - Off Road Evolution Updates

Hey Everyone. We are back from King of the Hammers. Things went well. Melvin and Mel raced the UTV race, and had an A arm rip off but the ESAB welding tent got us back together and back out on the race track. We were moving pretty good and working our way through the trails and timed out under our own power.
EVO KOH 12 low res.jpg

Andrew Gorman and Harris Wells did an awesome job in the Every Mans Challenge race. the 4452 car did great in the desert and the rocks, unfortunately there were a few electrical setbacks that ended up causing the car DNF.
EVO KOH 17 low res.jpg

EVO1 qualified Tuesday morning and ended up with a 3 minute 50 second time making us 85th off the line for the 4400 Unlimited Class race Friday morning.
A twelve-hour time limit, 110 teams, and 176 miles of the toughest terrain in the US, 50,000 spectators are what make the King of the Hammers. Our main goal is to finish before the time runs out. Keeping a consistent pace, picking correct lines in rocks, and minimizing mistakes was our plan for finishing the race.
EVO1 jackhammer low res.jpg

8:21am Friday morning we left the line heading out to the first of three laps. The first lap consisted of about 70 miles of desert terrain. About 8 miles from completing our first race lap, the ring and pinion broke in the front differential. We limped the Jeep back to main pit and had our crew inspect the damage. The Dynatrac support crew replaced the ring and pinion with ease and got us back in the race. Three hours in the pits and two laps left to complete meant we had a lot of catching up to do in the toughest rock sections of the race.

EVO1 completed lap two without issues and headed out to the third and final lap as the sun was setting over Hammer Town. 65 miles to go, we navigated Chocolate Thunder, Wrecking Ball, Jackhammer, Sledgehammer, and through Aftershock with ease. On our way into Outer Limits and Spooners we ended up timing out of the race. We returned to Main Pit under our own power and without any additional failures.
It was a positive start to the 2016 race season and we look forward to the next race on our schedule. The Mint 400 is where you can catch us next, Saturday March 12 in Las Vegas, NV.
Thank you to our Sponsors:
Discount Tire | KMC Wheels | KC HiLiTES, Inc. | Nitto Tire | King Off-Road Racing Shocks | AMSOIL INC. | Mastercraft Safety | Impact Racing | Dynatrac | EVOMFG

Wheel with us in Moab, Wednesday March 23

EVOMFG is hosting an Easter Jeep Safari trail run Wednesday March 23. Leaving the Blue Pig Diner at 8:30am sharp. Mel and EVO1 are leading the "Top of the World" trail. Lunch provided by KMC Wheels! Limited to 30 Jeeps.

Wheel Moab with EVO 1 final.jpg

Easter Jeep Safari recap

We had a great time in Moab for the Easter Jeep Safari. It was cool connecting with friends and customers from all over the US. Here's some of the action you missed. The Off Road Evolution crew did a trail run to Top of the World, an easier trail about 30 miles out of town with the most amazing view. Check out the short video we edited together:

Top of the World Trail Run:
IMG_7333.jpg

The vendor show at the arena is another cool place to see new products. We debuted our new air actuated swaybar disconnect system.
[video]http://www.fourwheeler.com/videos/evo-manufacturing-interview-26294/26294/#.Vvm5rQny1xQ.facebook[/video]
1238814_10154035879693680_3742883091123517749_n.jpg

After all the action was over we stayed through the weekend to take EVO1 through some more trails.
Sand Dunes:

Upper Helldorado: (good thing the winch line was attached)
https://www.facebook.com/132471153679/videos/10154043940248680/

943804_10154050568568680_4120849006256884258_n.jpg

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464038343.602425.jpg

RubySky ready for her Off Road Evolution make over. We are VERY excited guys. Thank you Drew for guiding me through all of this.

2 weeks cannot come soon enough!!

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Off Road Evolution - THE place to take your Jeep JK for upgrades

I am not sure if I will get this all right, but I want to try, since I am so grateful to all of the people that work at Off Road Evolution and Mel Wade for creating such an amazing product:

FullSizeRender-19.jpg

Special thanks to the following:

Drew - For guiding me through the process for over 6 months. When I first came to Wayalife it was suggested I call Drew to discuss. Drew, you were patient with me and helped me past all of the normal land mines people encounter during the build selection process. I am VERY happy with the build. I am also impressed with your "after the sale" assistance. You were right, I would have a lot of questions, and even after you guys got paid, you still help me out. Amazing. I also appreciate your convictions on the build, in that you could tell that certain things needed to be a certain way. Given my low level of expertise, this was very welcome.

Javier - Thank you for working so hard on my build, especially the front axle. It works great!

Collen (Collin?) - Thank you for test driving RubySky and making sure that she was straight and true.

Theresa - The kids were so happy with the KMC Machete frisbees you gave them. They were getting so restless and as a parent, you understood how they needed something in their hands to keep them busy while we waited those final moments before the above picture. Thank you.

Elijah - Great work on the suspension. If that was your weld work, amazing, it looks just amazing. Thank you for your great work on the front tie rod. The steering is great.

Ricky - Perfect assembly of all of the parts and also, if those were your welds, amazing.

Lisa - Thank you for talking with my wife and keeping her company. She was very happy to learn about your family run business and this really reassured her of our build. She is very happy with RubySky and really enjoys riding in it. She has even started to learn that this rig can handle a lot of obstacles, something she never experienced while living and growing up in Singapore. She had no idea that a Jeep can do those things. OH!! And THANK YOU for the shirts for the kids. They love em!!

Mel - I am VERY impressed with your suspension system design. I really appreciate your willingness to put such a product out there, a race ready suspension system that the average Joe can use and appreciate while also driving well on the road. I cannot imagine anyone switching from the EVO Double Throw Down to another system. I am glad I went with your ideas and am looking forward to a lot of adventures in the future with RubySky.

If I missed anyone else, I apologize. Just know that I am very appreciative of this build. This is a culmination of a 20+ year dream that I had during college. I always wanted a capable off road vehicle and as this is my first Jeep Wrangler, I am very satisfied and confident. Thank you all for everything.

Top Bottom