• Nemesis Notorious

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Poison Spyder Crusher

Votes: 27 46.6%
  • Bushwacker Flats

Votes: 18 31.0%

• Total voters

Bootman83

So as I said in a previous post. I drilled a 1/2 hole (for the side marker light) in the wrong hole (fender moulding clip hole) meaning the hole is slightly bigger then the moulding clip. It's not noticeable to anyone except me and if it were an interior hole I wouldn't even care but its the first one by the headlight. There isn't any movement unless I take it and pull the flare away and it just slides right out. So the question is best way to remedy this issue for a tighter fit? I could use silicone? I could just tape behind it (which is how it is now) or if anyone knows maybe use a larger moulding clip (part number if you know)? Ideas?

Gonna bump this bc I think it got lost in my thread.

StrizzyChris

For people who have done the rear. Would you recommend taking the fender flares off or leave them on. There is no substructure but to fight on the rears but there is the liner. So I'm unsure if I should take them off or just slice thru them and cut with them on?

I took out my inner liner and cut the flare while it was still on the Jeep. I never reinstalled the liner and just painted the wheel well with flat rustoleum.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
For people who have done the rear. Would you recommend taking the fender flares off or leave them on. There is no substructure but to fight on the rears but there is the liner. So I'm unsure if I should take them off or just slice thru them and cut with them on?

I chopped mine rears with the liner on. Kept it rigid while I was cutting. Then removed the liners and painted the wells with black wheel well undercoating.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371428607.207970.jpg

Bootman83

Got Rear done…Still need to paint

Got the rear done this evening. Still need to paint the rear wheel well, but pretty happy how they turned out. Thanks for all the tips guys! I left the Fender Flare on for most of the cut except near the rear bumper then I removed two lower moulding clippings and removed liner. It only took me a total of 3 hours this time and I learned a few tricks from my 12 hour journey with the front, so all in all a good experience but glad its done. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• Fender Full Shot Jeep copy.jpg
    Fender Full Shot Jeep copy.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Fender cut low shot whole jeep copy.jpg
    Fender cut low shot whole jeep copy.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 119
  • photo-94.JPG
    photo-94.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Rear Fender Driver's side emo.jpg
    Rear Fender Driver's side emo.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 115
  • Rear Fender Pass Side Pinhole.jpg
    Rear Fender Pass Side Pinhole.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 116
  • Rear Fender Driver Side pinhole.jpg
    Rear Fender Driver Side pinhole.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 119

mrmet1983

Out of ur 3 I like bushwhacker the best but I'd still have ur money and cut them for now , it's very easy !

Sent from my JK

Bootman83

Looks good! I need to put that angle on mine too. :thumb:

Thanks Overlander!

Now next question for someone is…this aluminum heat shield looking material under the front wheel wells. Not sure what to do with it…its definitely not the best looking but I'm not removing it if it needs to be there.

Attachments

• Aluminum Front Fender copy.jpg
    Aluminum Front Fender copy.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 136

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Overlander!

Now next question for someone is…this aluminum heat shield looking material under the front wheel wells. Not sure what to do with it…its definitely not the best looking but I'm not removing it if it needs to be there.

Need? Well, it's not "needed" but you WILL feel a lot more heat inside the cabin without it. I wouldn't remove it.

mrmet1983

Thanks Overlander!

Yea as Eddie said that's a heat shield and when u r crawling in the heat your jeep will get crazy hot inside. I don't recommend taking those out unless you want to cook breakfast on your floor boards while your wheelin lol

Sent from my JK

Last edited:

Bootman83

Trim your liners and put them back on. My stay on fine and don't rattle or hardly move.

I just decided to paint the well. I'm happy with it.

Attachments

• Wheel Well BO4.jpg
    Wheel Well BO4.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Wheel Well BO2.jpg
    Wheel Well BO2.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Wheel Well BO1.jpg
    Wheel Well BO1.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 103

Bootman83

Sorry I was referring to your front liners. Think you has said something bout seeing all the engine stuff.

Oh no problem. No I like the look of seeing everything just wasn't a huge fan of the aluminum heat shield, but after some thoughts Ive moved on:rock:

Top Bottom