EVOlander Build

TheDuff

Since it was just a leveling kit, wouldn't surprise me if they ran the factory monotube Rubicon shocks

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheDuff

I'm curious because I would like to run Bilstein 5100s.

You can do that. Bilstein and most of the other shock manufacturers make a 1-3" lift shock for the jk. Just add some 2" bumpstops and either new brake lines or drop brackets. If you have a 2012 plus, you might need exhaust spacers.:)

Napalm

You can do that. Bilstein and most of the other shock manufacturers make a 1-3" lift shock for the jk. Just add some 2" bumpstops and either new brake lines or drop brackets. If you have a 2012 plus, you might need exhaust spacers.:)

Gotcha. Thanks for your input.. How much do some bump stops run?

TheDuff

Gotcha. Thanks for your input.. How much do some bump stops run?

You can get some for under $100 for a full set of front and rear. The evo kit may come with some, I would check or call.
If your not gonna wheel the rig I think a couple shock manufacturers have 0-2" lift shocks, so you could always get those and not need bumpstops with 33" tires and below.

Napalm

You can get some for under $100 for a full set of front and rear. The evo kit may come with some, I would check or call.
If your not gonna wheel the rig I think a couple shock manufacturers have 0-2" lift shocks, so you could always get those and not need bumpstops with 33" tires and below.

I plan on doing a little overlanding and trailing, only tiny rocks though. And I'll be running stock BFG and rubi wheels.

TheDuff

I plan on doing a little overlanding and trailing, only tiny rocks though. And I'll be running stock BFG and rubi wheels.

In that case, you can get the 0-2" variant and not need bumpstops, unless the leveling kit comes with some, and be good. Even if you decide to go to 33's down the road you'll still be fine (only minor rubbing on 33's at max articulation) :beer:

Napalm

In that case, you can get the 0-2" variant and not need bumpstops, unless the leveling kit comes with some, and be good. Even if you decide to go to 33's down the road you'll still be fine (only minor rubbing on 33's at max articulation) :beer:

I was told the 0-2 wouldn't work for the 2 inch front coil set-up

TheDuff

I was told the 0-2 wouldn't work for the 2 inch front coil set-up

Not sure why that would be, but I would just call ORE what they recommend. If the kit has front bumpstops, maybe you'll miss out on down travel by only using a 0-2" lift shock:confused:

pvanweelden

The kit doesn't have bumpstops, not sure why you wouldn't just use your existing shocks with it- it comes with 2" front coils and a 3/4" rear spacer. The only other thing you really need is a little bit longer sway bar links in the front- a set of jk rear links will work in the front.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

The kit doesn't have bumpstops, not sure why you wouldn't just use your existing shocks with it- it comes with 2" front coils and a 3/4" rear spacer. The only other thing you really need is a little bit longer sway bar links in the front- a set of jk rear links will work in the front.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

With us doing the level ourselves, I found it a good opportunity to get some great shocks on board whether I needed them or not. And.. Good excuse for the girlfriend ;) haha

My concern is only for the rear, since we are only lifting 3/4s of an inch. And I didn't know I needed a new sway bar link, the guys at Northridge said I'd be fine without em.

TheDuff

With us doing the level ourselves, I found it a good opportunity to get some great shocks on board whether I needed them or not. And.. Good excuse for the girlfriend ;) haha

My concern is only for the rear, since we are only lifting 3/4s of an inch. And I didn't know I needed a new sway bar link, the guys at Northridge said I'd be fine without em.

Correct you don't need longer rear links, even using the bilstien 1-3" lift shocks on the rear, the links are of sufficient length. Now that it's been established that the front does not have bumpstops, you can get factory length replacements and either some quick disconnect links If you have a non Rubicon or factory rear links upfront if you have a Rubicon.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Saw this today. Love this jeep! Does it have a front drive shaft?

Attachments

• 1410414429254.jpg
    1410414429254.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 820
Top Bottom