Bl17z90 build

bl17z90

So i fiddled with the tailgage adjustment point today and i put just a little bit of preload on the tailgate and the shaking is almost all gone :yup:

bl17z90

So a cording to murphy's law we are all doomed to fail at some point. For me this would mean taking my top off for only a couple hours and in that tiny time span having the sky open up and kill my cb. But thats kind of a good thing.....UPGRADE TIME!!!!

Lets hear some suggestions. I had a $40 Uniden with a handset that was uncomfortable to hold. I want something that looks nice, isn't too huge and has a nice handset.

Last edited:

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
So a cording to murphy's law we are all doomed to fail at some point. For me this would mean taking my top off for only a couple hours and in that tiny time span having the sky open up and kill my cb. But thats kind of a good thing.....UPGRADE TIME!!!!

Lets hear some suggestions. I had a $40 Uniden with a handset that was uncomfortable to hold. I want something that looks nice, isn't too huge and has a nice handset.

Is this ok for size and looks nice

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1393239922980.jpg
    1393239922980.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I am very happy with my cobra 75wxst since the mic contains everything so it takes up no room. I do want to get a larger one however since I have the cage now, or add in the external speaker since I have a hard time hearing the 75 at times now.

bl17z90

I am very happy with my cobra 75wxst since the mic contains everything so it takes up no room. I do want to get a larger one however since I have the cage now, or add in the external speaker since I have a hard time hearing the 75 at times now.

I assume the incoming voice comes from the handset as well?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I assume the incoming voice comes from the handset as well?

Correct, I should say for the me hearing it well part, it all depends on who is talking actually. Like steve is loud 50% of the time usually, but last trip I could always hear kp no matter what.

bl17z90

Correct, I should say for the me hearing it well part, it all depends on who is talking actually. Like steve is loud 50% of the time usually, but last trip I could always hear kp no matter what.

KP always seems quiet to me. Rocco always comes through loud and clear.

I have been strongly considering the Cobra 75 actually.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug

I may be selling myne depending if an idea works or not with my cage. The sPod ruined the normal mount with the kc bracket for me.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
What do you mean it ruined? Is that where the mic would have mounted with a cage installed?

If you look at eddies write up of the rockhard cage, youll see how he uses the kc mount at the cross bar, but I think it would block or hit the sPod pannel. I may end up just mounting it further back, just dont wanna spend the money on a new cb for it not to fit.

bl17z90

If you look at eddies write up of the rockhard cage, youll see how he uses the kc mount at the cross bar, but I think it would block or hit the sPod pannel. I may end up just mounting it further back, just dont wanna spend the money on a new cb for it not to fit.

You could always get a gearkeeper and mount it to the cage.

KPM171

I'm quiet b/c I don't usually speak directly into the mic vs. speaking into the Jeep and the mic picks up what it picks up. That's a fault on me, not the device.

bl17z90

I'm quiet b/c I don't usually speak directly into the mic vs. speaking into the Jeep and the mic picks up what it picks up. That's a fault on me, not the device.

Not saying its a problem. Simple fix, I say "HUH?" and turn the volume up.

Top Bottom