4.10 gears

RubiCON

What's the best way to prove to my friend that 04 Rubicons come stock with 4.10's? He's a stubborn dick and I want to shut him up lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
actually, i'm pretty sure it was 4.11 but, it's been a while so i can't say for sure.

either way, the easiest way to tell what gears you have is to make a mark on your rear tire, make one on the rear drive shaft, roll your jeep forward of back so that the tire makes one full revolution and, while you're doing that, count how many times the drive shaft makes a full rotation. you should see it make just a hair over 4 revolutions. if it had 3.73, it would be just shy of 4 revolutions - does that make sense?

Jeep4me2

wayoflife said:
actually, i'm pretty sure it was 4.11 but, it's been a while so i can't say for sure.

either way, the easiest way to tell what gears you have is to make a mark on your rear tire, make one on the rear drive shaft, roll your jeep forward of back so that the tire makes one full revolution and, while you're doing that, count how many times the drive shaft makes a full rotation. you should see it make just a hair over 4 revolutions. if it had 3.73, it would be just shy of 4 revolutions - does that make sense?

That's what I did while it was jacked up.

Top Bottom