Max lift on a JKUR with stock wheels and tires

sundaydriver

I have a '12 JKUR and I'm looking for as more clearance. I'm not ready to drop 1200 to 1500 bucks for a new set of meats yet, nor a bigger lift. I want to use the BFGs it came with first. I have 1.5 in spacers and like the way that looks. I just need more height. So, I'm looking for advice and/or pics of BB, Leveling Kit, 2 1/5 coils on stock Rubi tires and wheels. The most you would go with my set up. Thanks

Beyrgut

Just go with the BB until you decide where you want to end up. The BB will cover you up to 35s with a little fender and pinch seam trimming. Be forewarned once you install the first mod, the addiction to mod goes into overdrive :D. I made the mistake of ordering a RC 2.5 spring lift that never got installed due to other upgrades I ordered after the fact. I wasn't comfortable with adding another 300-400 lbs for front/rear bumper and 35 spare induced sag.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If your looking for ground clearance you need bigger tires. If you want fender well clearance get the 6 inch full traction long arm with a 2 inch body lift.

sundaydriver

Just go with the BB until you decide where you want to end up. The BB will cover you up to 35s with a little fender and pinch seam trimming. Be forewarned once you install the first mod, the addiction to mod goes into overdrive :D. I made the mistake of ordering a RC 2.5 spring lift that never got installed due to other upgrades I ordered after the fact. I wasn't comfortable with adding another 300-400 lbs for front/rear bumper and 35 spare induced sag.

I am worried that 2 1/2 inches would be too much with stock rubi wheels and tires.
I want to avoid "that look"

kgw350

I have installed a lot of the teraflex 2.5" lift its a great kit. Here is a picture on stock wheels while we were waiting for the 35s to come in.

MNTN JK

2 1/2 in BB with 1 inch body on 33's......

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130616_182904.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130616_182904.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 154

StrizzyChris

I have installed a lot of the teraflex 2.5" lift its a great kit. Here is a picture on stock wheels while we were waiting for the 35s to come in.

I ran my last JK on stock sahara tires on a Daystar 1.75" coil spacer and 1" body lift for quite a while before I upgraded and I didnt think it looked too bad at all so stock KM's would look fine :thumb:

stubby bumper.jpg
2012-08-14_19-42-31_159.jpg

Top Bottom