2014 Jeep Wrangler Colors

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
After reading the recent article about the 2014 Jeep Wrangler changes, I was interested to know what some of the new colors that were listed might look like so I did a little searching on Google and came up with a few possible samples. At this point I don't know if these colors are a sure thing or just rumors. Time will tell. :)

Here is a possible sample of the new colors
IMG_6439.JPG

Granite Crystal
A sample of granite crystal on a Grand Cherokee
051-2014-jeep-grand-cherokee.jpg

Copperhead
A few samples of copperhead
1C4NJRFB7CD599881-1c.jpg

59320182.jpg

2012-Jeep-Compass-front-three-quarters-in-motion.jpg

2012-jeep-patriot-red-front-left-view.jpg

I think copperhead looks a lot like Sunburst Orange
DSC03041.jpg

Bright Amber (Amp'd)
This is just speculation on what it might look like
dodge_demon_fr-thumb.jpg

Plum Crazy
2010-challenger-plum-crazy-large_1.jpg

Hydro Blue
Not sure about this color

And, here is a link to the 2014 color codes and more possible sample pics:
http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorco...&comm=Jeep wrangler&page=1&rows=50&size=large

This is all speculation and rumor at this point and until we actually start seeing these at dealerships, who knows fur sure which colors will actually be available and what they will look like. :crazyeyes:

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if the new Bright Amber or Amp'd color will look anything like Vengence? :hmm:

main.php

Prime8

I like the granite and copperhead! There will have to be a green too... Any thoughts? Purple is a little too bright, a dark, metallic eggplant would have been awesome. Like the Black Forest green, or whatever that one was called, but with a purple. Looks black unless in direct sunlight. Even the dark eggplant the XJ had was a good color.

Prime8

Vengeance is definitely a "bright amber" color, but the names they give colors aren't always the most descriptive of the actual color... Like Dozer, for instance.

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
I like the granite and copperhead! There will have to be a green too... Any thoughts? Purple is a little too bright, a dark, metallic eggplant would have been awesome. Like the Black Forest green, or whatever that one was called, but with a purple. Looks black unless in direct sunlight. Even the dark eggplant the XJ had was a good color.

I like the granite too and yeah I would think a green will have to be included as well. Who knows if the purple will even be produced but if it is, it probably won't be exactly like the pic I posted.

jhires

A Plum Crazy option would be awesome. My wife and I have talked about the possibility of that when we pick out her Jeep when rumor of a "purple color" would be a choice. In the past she's owned one of the odd kinda pinkish Jeeps. If that was an option, she'd pick that instead.

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
Is is so. You can't make up something that stupid. He'd probably argue that because it was a screen shot it's different. :crazyeyes:

But enough of that nonsense!

Any insight as to whether plum will be confirmed?

No, unfortunately we don't know.

I'm digging the granite crystal. What are the other changes?

Only minor changes. Here is the link to the thread - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?8449-2014-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-to-See-Minor-Changes

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I don't remember where I saw it (I'm thinking JeepForum.com) but they said Plum Crazy is gonna be a late and very limited color option. Probably like that past dark metallic, almost black, gray they had that hardly anyone has you know?

jmpsweeps

Purple Jeep

Here is a video of some edited JK's that are purple from YouTube. The AEV one at end looks pretty sweet but ya, not sure on what shade the purple will come out as... if we even see a purple color this year. The copperhead sounds really sweet too!

I was on the Ram Trucks website and noticed they have an exterior color option for their cab and chassis lineup of Copperhead Pearl Coat. Looks pretty orange to me, but these things are never very accurate.

Here's a screen shot I took from the build and price page...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371238778.180842.jpg

Charlie Mike

I love all these eccentric colors. :thumb: Whenever I see them in person I always think it would be really cool to own a jeep with a bright neon color choice. Especially with black armor trim like EVO rock skins. But I'm always afraid I'll get sick of it after awhile. So I end up picking black or graphite.

Excited to see the new colors when they officially come out.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Here are some shots of Rugged Brown. My buddy just took delivery of this JKR. He already has front and rear LoD bumpers on order. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371254735.806155.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371254750.740807.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371254764.723387.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371254781.563872.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow!! The brown is nothing like what I thought it was going to look like. It's kinda nice - some of the old CJ7's had paint jobs like this.

Atch

I kinda like the brown color, but I don't care for the black accessories with it. I think I personally would have to pass on this color.

Top Bottom