The Building of Meanst

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Watch the project jk moab videos. This break is documented in there. :thumb:

Yep, it was on Elephant Hill at the first big platform switchback and I was under the Jeep after the break (mostly learning and not helping much). Fun stuff.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Tuffy security drawer is in. Started work on the 12 volt. The box was looking pretty ragged so I painted it after cutting the hole. I'll get the wiring done this week.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416794139.151717.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416794183.243148.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Finally got around to finishing the outlet in the subwoofer. Now meanst can run his ARB fridge off a fused lead direct to the battery. I built it with disconnects so he can still pull the sub if necessary.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422219286.472809.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Time to revive this thread. The next round of installs include:

1. EVO Protek skids (they have been sitting in my garage for a long time now).

2. Advance Adapters T-Case cable upgrade.

3. Genesis Dual Battery Kit

4. Trek Armor Seat Covers and Heated Seat Elements.

I'm also looking at possibly putting in a power inverter, adding USB outlets in the dash, and upgrading the head unit. (If you have any suggestions for this last group let me know).

Time to revive this thread. The next round of installs include:

1. EVO Protek skids (they have been sitting in my garage for a long time now).

2. Advance Adapters T-Case cable upgrade.

3. Genesis Dual Battery Kit

4. Trek Armor Seat Covers and Heated Seat Elements.

I'm also looking at possibly putting in a power inverter, adding USB outlets in the dash, and upgrading the head unit. (If you have any suggestions for this last group let me know).

Let me know when you do the tray, I'll shoot some pics for you.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Let me know when you do the tray, I'll shoot some pics for you.

Will do. Thanks. He has an '08 so it will be helpful to see some pics of the pre-2012 bay.

The AA tcase cable is not a very fun install from what I have heard. Hopefully I can fight my way through it. ;)

Will do. Thanks. He has an '08 so it will be helpful to see some pics or the pre-2012 bay.

The AA tcase cable is not a very fun install from what I have heard. Hopefully I can fight my way through it. ;)

Can't help you on the cable, but I'm sure it'll be done to Mumbo sooner or later.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Sharkey, I enjoy watching your progress photos on this build. Did you finish up any of your plans from the other week?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Sharkey, I enjoy watching your progress photos on this build. Did you finish up any of your plans from the other week?

Thanks.

Not yet. He actually hasn't dropped off the Jeep yet. He is still ordering some more stuff. If all goes as planned, I should have it in two weeks (and a whole bunch of boxes with it). ;)

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Finally getting to work. Had some time tonight so I installed the back trek armor covers. I really like them. Very tight fit.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428809244.488018.jpg

I'm putting seat heaters in the front so I will wait to do them until after the AA t-case cable install (since I have to pull the center console for that), which I will be starting tomorrow.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Finally getting to work. Had some time tonight so I installed the back trek armor covers. I really like them. Very tight fit.

View attachment 136787

I'm putting seat heaters in the front so I will wait to do them until after the AA t-case cable install (since I have to pull the center console for that), which I will be starting tomorrow.

I need some things done. When can I get some shop time? :idontknow:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Change of plans. I don't have a puller to take the yoke off the tcase (a necessary step to put the bracket on for the new cable), so I'm moving on to the dual battery tray.

Time to get to work.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428856970.984047.jpg

Top Bottom