wax for jeep

I am supposed wash and wax my Jeep. :thinking: I thought it was supposed to look dirty. Wait I do need to wash my jeep when I go to the mall. :cheesy:

Seriously, I use McQuires and spray detail.

R/
Will

Beyrgut

I use the drive through car washes on the trail and from the looks of this one there were some dirty ass jeeps in front of me.

DSC00997-10x7.jpg

Otherwise I just use Meguiars products.

silverbackjk

I know i konw its a jeep:cheesy: I am currently using Zymol and thinking of trying something new. I do plan to keep it as long as i can it is a dd now but one day i want it to be my dream build and would like the paint to not fade or blister.

Last edited:

silverbackjk

i use turtle wax ICE. easy to use and NO white mess on your black plastic bits... :thumbup:

andrew -

This is what i was getting sick of. The white marks on my fenders and black armor.Or being super careful and it taking a long time. Would you say the quality is the same as zymol if you have ever experienced that brand. I still want the high quality but i must be getting lazy in my old age.

White_JKU

I've been talking about waxing mine for over a year.... it badly needs it done. LOL, keep on procrastinating and getting little chips here and there from wheeling it makes it really hard to motivate myself to do anything that labor intensive to the paint that gets trashed everytime I wheel it.

silverbackjk

I've been talking about waxing mine for over a year.... it badly needs it done. LOL, keep on procrastinating and getting little chips here and there from wheeling it makes it really hard to motivate myself to do anything that labor intensive to the paint that gets trashed everytime I wheel it.

With proper armor and wheeling carefully i have been able to keep my jeep looking pretty nice and yes i do wheel it on real trails in norther ca and reno nv area. I do have scratches and know that is part of the game but i do like to take care of my things it brinngs me pride.:yup:

This is what i was getting sick of. The white marks on my fenders and black armor.Or being super careful and it taking a long time. Would you say the quality is the same as zymol if you have ever experienced that brand. I still want the high quality but i must be getting lazy in my old age.

may not be the best wax out there, but it is as good as any wax I have ever used. and to add the easy and mess free to that, it is great! buy a bottle and try it, it is pretty inexpensive as well...

andrew -

silverbackjk

may not be the best wax out there, but it is as good as any wax I have ever used. and to add the easy and mess free to that, it is great! buy a bottle and try it, it is pretty inexpensive as well...

andrew -

I am going to pick up a bottle after work tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion. Man it will make waxing a lot easier not having to worry about all the white on the black.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

biggy

Zaino also doesn't leave any white residue. In fact you can wax any part of your vehicle including plastic or even your windshield. Its super easy to apply and you can buff a panel out in a minute or so. Works great on rims as it help to make cleanup of your rims much easier. Whenever Im out out wheeling everyone asks me why my jeep isn't as muddy as the other ones so I throw some mud on it and it just slides right off. It really is great stuff and worth the extra dollars in my opinion.

silverbackjk

Zaino also doesn't leave any white residue. In fact you can wax any part of your vehicle including plastic or even your windshield. Its super easy to apply and you can buff a panel out in a minute or so. Works great on rims as it help to make cleanup of your rims much easier. Whenever Im out out wheeling everyone asks me why my jeep isn't as muddy as the other ones so I throw some mud on it and it just slides right off. It really is great stuff and worth the extra dollars in my opinion.

Now you got me thinking. Is it online only?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JethroJK

I have always used Meguiar's on my vehicles. But the white residue on my black Jeep does bother me. The Turtle Wax Ice runs about 15 bucks at Walmart so I might give that a shot this week.

I have read that it is kind of hard to get off, is that true? Kind of leaves a residue behind that is oily???

I have always used Meguiar's on my vehicles. But the white residue on my black Jeep does bother me. The Turtle Wax Ice runs about 15 bucks at Walmart so I might give that a shot this week.

I have read that it is kind of hard to get off, is that true? Kind of leaves a residue behind that is oily???

if you are asking if ICE is hard to get off, NO not in my experience. while i dont "use" it on my plastics, i dont have to avoid them. I wax the body and then hit my plastics with a completely different product that keeps them black and pretty (eagle one TRIM gel)

andrew -

billybob990

Wax is a pro-con. Pro, shines up great, con, it gets in spots that can be a pain and all day job getting it all off. I use a wash with wax in it. Its not as good but a lot less hassle

olllllllo

JethroJK

if you are asking if ICE is hard to get off, NO not in my experience. while i dont "use" it on my plastics, i dont have to avoid them. I wax the body and then hit my plastics with a completely different product that keeps them black and pretty (eagle one TRIM gel)

andrew -

Well I think I will give both of those a shot. Thanks

Top Bottom