KC Hilites Questions

Renagade119

So Im looking into getting some exterior lighting for my jeep, mostly in a driving pattern and Ive been kind of leaning towards KC because my dad knows a guy who can get them at a pretty good price. So first question, whats the difference between the lights? If there are 55w 130w and 100w but like 10 different types for each wattage what is making them different? For instance, what is the difference between the Apollo 55w in driving pattern and a Rally 400 series, 55w in driving pattern? Secondly, what sort of wattage would you guys recommend for open country back road driving? I live in the praries so lots of wide open driving and tons of widelife I need to be able to see. Keep in mind I run a stock TJ with a single battery and I dont know offhand what the alternator will put out amperage wise and I dont want to strain the system. Ohh, and I would also like them to be water proof, we tend to get a lot of moisture here, whether it be water or snow. Or should I be looking into KC's new LED cubes? How do you guys like those? Many thanks

Last edited:

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
So Im looking into getting some exterior lighting for my jeep, mostly in a driving pattern and Ive been kind of leaning towards KC because my dad knows a guy who can get them at a pretty good price. So first question, whats the difference between the lights? If there are 55w 130w and 100w but like 10 different types for each wattage what is making them different? For instance, what is the difference between the Apollo 55w in driving pattern and a Rally 400 series, 55w in driving pattern? Secondly, what sort of wattage would you guys recommend for open country back road driving? I live in the praries so lots of wide open driving and tons of widelife I need to be able to see. Keep in mind I run a stock TJ with a single battery and I dont know offhand what the alternator will put out amperage wise and I dont want to strain the system. Ohh, and I would also like them to be water proof, we tend to get a lot of moisture here, whether it be water or snow. Or should I be looking into KC's new LED cubes? How do you guys like those? Many thanks

Without looking into exact models i would say the only differences you would have to worry about is size and shape when it comes to the apollo and rally series. As for the wattage the higher you go the more candle power you will have (further range, brighter light). I use to run 130w daylighters which gave me tons of light but would have to turn off if a car was coming the other direction. Also keep in mind the color light you want. As for the led's i still prefer the more natural color of an incandescent/halogen bulb. Have a buddy with led's and he loves them (they will last longer, dont get hot and aren't as susceptible to shock). just person preference there.

Renagade119

Hmmm. Haha so it's basically what I want to buy? No real ups or downs? I was looking more seriously at the 100w Apollo driving beams. Opinions?

bl17z90

My buddy got the truck lite headlights and he can't even see his kc lights mounted on his bumper with the headlights turned on

Renagade119

My buddy got the truck lite headlights and he can't even see his kc lights mounted on his bumper with the headlights turned on

Hahaha I'm just planning on going to my local scrap yard and getting some 7" conversions for cheap and throwing some Sylvania ZXE's in them

jksmith93

I'm running 4 Apollo Pro 6" 130w KC's and I love them. I live in a rural area and they perform great for backroads and open fields.

Attachments

• IMG_3922.jpg
    IMG_3922.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 87

Aeraun

I have 130w KC hilites, long range on the A pillars and so far no complaints. I haven't really used them extensively but for what I have used them for they have definitely done their job. I'd recommend them but I am thinking about going with HIDs so I will most likely be changing them.

FrankenJeeper

I just installed KC 130 watt long range lights and love em so far. Very bright and indeed long range.

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Marauder

KC 130 watt driving pattern on the bull bar and love em. 55 watt led on A pillars 45 degrees outboard for peripherals.

Renagade119

Hmm you guys certainly like your lights. Sorry I didn't respond earlier, I was in Mexico for the past week and just got back tonight. So it looks like I got a few choices

Top Bottom