WAG bag / Toilet

Mr.T

What's the space efficient, most craptacular setup? PETT, Luggable Loo (5 gallon bucket), something else?

:beer:

First and Foremost, welcome to the WAYALIFE. :standing wave:

Coleman makes a camping toilet which uses the chemicals for RV septic systems. Hold about 2 gallons of flushing water and has a reservoir which holds about 4 gallons of waist. About the size of a milk crate. We used one for about 2 years while we were building our house.

R/
Will

Mr.T

First and Foremost, welcome to the WAYALIFE. :standing wave:

Coleman makes a camping toilet which uses the chemicals for RV septic systems. Hold about 2 gallons of flushing water and has a reservoir which holds about 4 gallons of waist. About the size of a milk crate. We used one for about 2 years while we were building our house.

R/
Will
Thanks, Will. Trying for the most space efficient, minimalist setup -- Not much space left in a 2-door with camping gear.

:beer:

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
PETT ... inside of a shower/potty tent. Use the wag-bags and carry it out in your trash.

JAGS

Hooked
Since we are going there. How does one determine whether to dig and bury or WAG it out? Are there different rules for different areas?

Tumbleweed

Interesting topic. We usually just take a hike into the woods. RV type T. P. and walk away. Definitely a different protocol than out west.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Personally, I haul out the tp, but the turds stay. I have been on some long backpacking trips, and there is literally no way I am hauling 10 days worth of shit around with me. Never been car camping where they needed to be hauled, but that may be a different story.

jhires

Interesting topic. We usually just take a hike into the woods. RV type T. P. and walk away. Definitely a different protocol than out west.

It's a problem on trails where you have a high amount of traffic and not a lot of education about things like finding a spot off the trail to bury it. Just dropping a pile where-ever and leaving it, paper and all. Sometimes ON the trail. Nasty. That's how places like the Rubicon became a wag-it-out requirement.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Last edited:
Top Bottom