What fenders should I get

DallasJKU

^^^If I cut mine it will be just like yours. I like the stock fenders now and would want them as close to stock as I can get them while still getting the extra clearance.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I just went with cut stock fenders for the reasons OverlanderJK stated. Not to mention I can put the $600 towards onboard air. I already have fenders.

With the panted ones it takes a little more time if you don't want to use the adhesive trim, but it's worth it. I left a little of the rolled edge to help give them a little more rigidity.

Edit: If you haven't seen this post, check it out : http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?7538-To-fender-chop-or-not-to-fender-chop&highlight=fenders

IMG_2812.jpg

Last edited:

j3ph3ry_j33p

re: what fenders shuld I get + saFFFari's Camaro Green Paint and elbow grease....

Was never a gecko. It's actually a 2008 steel blue Sahara that had a lot of pin striping.

View attachment 40105

Now it's raptor lined except for the grill, hood, windshield, tailgate and once I get my metalcloak armor on the rockers, I will color match those. The green is from the new Chevy camaros (synergy green)

View attachment 40106

View attachment 40107

I actually wanted to trade in for a gecko, but the dealer wanted way too much, and they wouldn't give me 2% under invoice like I requested.., so I said.. Ok, a little bit of elbow grease, $220 worth of paint, reducer, primer and raptor liner- and bam! :beer: lol

It does look freaking awesome, saFFFari...
I will admit to you that, due to my spouse always b*tch*ng about my cutting of the 2011 Sahara and "modding-this /altering-that" ( even tho she always admits afterwards it does look good) that I used you as an example. I showed her another Sahara ,not unlike ours, that has had to make "some changes" due to some severe pinstriping from trees and rocks and that looks very uniquely functional. You did well, my friend. And, you've probably helped me to get away with the EVO Corners + LEDs I have coming that she doesnt know about yet......heehee
I like the Camaro green idea; I honestly thought it was the Gecko green but now I think it is deeper and see the metallic flake....you sprayed that yourself? Nice ....

j3ph3ry_j33p

I just went with cut stock fenders for the reasons OverlanderJK stated. Not to mention I can put the $600 towards onboard air. I already have fenders.

With the panted ones it takes a little more time if you don't want to use the adhesive trim, but it's worth it. I left a little of the rolled edge to help give them a little more rigidity.

Edit: If you haven't seen this post, check it out : http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?7538-To-fender-chop-or-not-to-fender-chop&highlight=fenders

View attachment 40833

BAM. Doknocker , you have done precisely the cut I want to ; leaving just a slight bit of the curvature to keep rigidity and the painted fender wont need the trim from the auto store added. How hard was it to keep the dremel tool steady and make that surgical of a cut? I am really impressed with your cut . I am doing it this weekend. I think I will go for a less extreme angle on the front and maybe curve it a bit at the very front tip but pretty much what I am planning exactly. Nice,Nice job.....

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
BAM. Doknocker , you have done precisely the cut I want to ; leaving just a slight bit of the curvature to keep rigidity and the painted fender wont need the trim from the auto store added. How hard was it to keep the dremel tool steady and make that surgical of a cut? I am really impressed with your cut . I am doing it this weekend. I think I will go for a less extreme angle on the front and maybe curve it a bit at the very front tip but pretty much what I am planning exactly. Nice,Nice job.....

The first fender is the hardest. You'll get progressively faster with each cut. If you read the linked thread I briefly described the steps I took. I didn't think it as too hard. Blue tape is your friend.

The coolest part of trimmed fenders is they are all different!

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

saFFFari

j3ph3ry_j33p said:
It does look freaking awesome, saFFFari... I will admit to you that, due to my spouse always b*tch*ng about my cutting of the 2011 Sahara and "modding-this /altering-that" ( even tho she always admits afterwards it does look good) that I used you as an example. I showed her another Sahara ,not unlike ours, that has had to make "some changes" due to some severe pinstriping from trees and rocks and that looks very uniquely functional. You did well, my friend. And, you've probably helped me to get away with the EVO Corners + LEDs I have coming that she doesnt know about yet......heehee I like the Camaro green idea; I honestly thought it was the Gecko green but now I think it is deeper and see the metallic flake....you sprayed that yourself? Nice ....
Yep- sprayed it myself. My dad is a painter, so as a kid I grew up helping him on his side jobs. I don't spray for a living but have sprayed a couple of my own vehicles for fun. I made a mistake of not renting a both this time. I sprayed in my back yard, and a breeze blew small piece of debris from my tree in the clear coat. I haven't color sanded and polished it, but it doesn't bother me since it's always dirty from off-roading. :)

metaldemon

In Nov Rugged Ridge is coming out with Hurricane Flat Fenders that look good for a flat fender. I am thinking about getting a set. They are $500.

Dieselcon

I like the factory fenders for the fact that they can take a hit and not mess up your body. I have caught my fender on a rock and it just bends right back to the way it was. I have seen them get caught and rip off and they just pop right back on the clips. That won't be the case with most aftermarket fenders.

I vote for cutting your factory ones. :thumb:

Completely AGREE... Check out this short clip...at 38sec - this is not one of my best move but all was repairable with a few cable ties...Here in Australia Chrysler charge us ~$18per clip so Ive modified fender to work with Cable ties.. enjoy :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdcW9SrtUQE&feature=share&list=UUWHf6DDBrCw1raDtx4UDsiw

Cheers

jose

Top Bottom