What fenders should I get

Spartan

Bushwacker fender flares

I had Bushwacker fender flares on my 2010 Rubi JKU and they worked great! Went to Moab, and on the Rubicon with them.

Poison Spyder aluminum tube.

I agree, and just installed mine. They are great! PSC is the only tube fenders (That I'm aware of) that include additional bracing. This bracing essentially ties the outer sheet metal to the inner structure. They also have engineered the reuse of the stock liner (If using it is important to you, it was for me).

The reason I had to replace mine was due to damage that my stock flares caused when a branch got wrapped up in the front tire. My fender got bent and creased before the flare broke away. (actually before I even knew it was happening)

So while I read comments all the time about how they will "Just fold up" I have experienced instances where they will cause damage too. I think the trick it the stock trim mod. By removing the inner liner and some bracing you make them more complaint. In my case they were in stock form.

Whatever you do I would avoid tube fenders that simply mount to the thin sheet metal. They will likely do more harm than good when things get rough.

Just my :twocents:

mrmet1983

Front liners and the rigid plastic body to hold fenders can all be trimmed and it looks factory just check out the write up from eddie

2013 JKUR 4" Enforcer lift w/ 35" fierce attitude MTs , RR modular front bump w/ warnvr8k

saFFFari

Trailmods (no longer in business) rocker flares $200 from northridge 4x4.

Attachments

• image-3253658557.jpg
    image-3253658557.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 246
  • image-4259064109.jpg
    image-4259064109.jpg
    444.7 KB · Views: 249
  • image-2927467436.jpg
    image-2927467436.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 249

jkmohican

I'm a lil nervous to do mine but I'm gonna tomorrow If I mess them up ill a buy some I guess

Take your time and be patient. I'm sure it's going to turn out great, just be patient. I plan on doing this myself, just have to decide when. I'm getting ready for 35s and have painted flares as well. Good luck with the cutting!

j3ph3ry_j33p

re: What fenders should I get....

Trailmods (no longer in business) rocker flares $200 from northridge 4x4.

Great-sakes-alive, saFFFari ! You musta had some serious trail pin-striping to cover up that Gecko green machine with liner to that degree! Did you do the entire sides with bed-liner? I can see a little green up on top there.......lol
( great thing about Jeeps is each of them is our very own, right?)
Jeep On!:eek:

Top Bottom