Input requested on coils to replace spacers...

j3ph3ry_j33p

hey guys & gals,
Just needing some input on brands here; I have a current 3"s of lift on a 2011 JK 4 door . This in the form of the stock (the heavy tow package ones) coils and 3" spacer up front and a 2" in rear. I have everything on the drivertrain stock and , to be honest, after adding Bilstein 5100's and appropriate bumpstops, it drives like a champ . I got an adjustable front TB and fixed the centering but am now looking to get some "real" travel and going to buy coils that equal the lift I have current;y from the spacers. I am nearly about to pull the plug on the Synergy Suspension coils - 3" for front and 2" for rear ( to prevent the inherent rake we all hate so much) and just seek some input on this decision. I have been "all about" the Synergy brand for so long and how they retain their shape and perform in droop without unseating, but this is my daily driver and that fact, together with new reading about Icon Vehicle Dynamics an Metal Cloak's 'Dual Rate" Progressive coils have me wondering if this decision is best. Anybody able to throw me some info or input on the Dual Rate progressive coils versus the basic Progressive Synergy coils I have so long targeted? I eventually will look at adjustable upper CAs but am so pleased with the 35s that I have on 16"s that I dont think I will move to a larger wheel /tire combo and , again, am only in the market for coils in the immediate future.
Thanks for the input and any advise you can provide because I am of the opinion that I cant go wrng with the Synergy combo I have in mind , but am open to talk about this dual rate thing,......if it makes a difference......
Jeep On!

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
hey guys & gals,
Just needing some input on brands here; I have a current 3"s of lift on a 2011 JK 4 door . This in the form of the stock (the heavy tow package ones) coils and 3" spacer up front and a 2" in rear. I have everything on the drivertrain stock and , to be honest, after adding Bilstein 5100's and appropriate bumpstops, it drives like a champ . I got an adjustable front TB and fixed the centering but am now looking to get some "real" travel and going to buy coils that equal the lift I have current;y from the spacers. I am nearly about to pull the plug on the Synergy Suspension coils - 3" for front and 2" for rear ( to prevent the inherent rake we all hate so much) and just seek some input on this decision. I have been "all about" the Synergy brand for so long and how they retain their shape and perform in droop without unseating, but this is my daily driver and that fact, together with new reading about Icon Vehicle Dynamics an Metal Cloak's 'Dual Rate" Progressive coils have me wondering if this decision is best. Anybody able to throw me some info or input on the Dual Rate progressive coils versus the basic Progressive Synergy coils I have so long targeted? I eventually will look at adjustable upper CAs but am so pleased with the 35s that I have on 16"s that I dont think I will move to a larger wheel /tire combo and , again, am only in the market for coils in the immediate future.
Thanks for the input and any advise you can provide because I am of the opinion that I cant go wrng with the Synergy combo I have in mind , but am open to talk about this dual rate thing,......if it makes a difference......
Jeep On!

I highly recommend the EVO Plush ride coils. Its a soft ride and I haven't had any sag with the evo bumper up front. Just my $0.02, but these coils make TF coils feel like a log truck.

j3ph3ry_j33p

I highly recommend the EVO Plush ride coils. Its a soft ride and I haven't had any sag with the evo bumper up front. Just my $0.02, but these coils make TF coils feel like a log truck.

Thanks, Berzerker
I appreciate your input and info!

I was looking at those and many folks run them; I sure was hoping to get a bit more feedback on this subject but maybe I was over wordy in my phrasing of the question. I specifically was hoping for some sizing and comparisons to what others are running coil wise and it cannot be that everyone is running kits with CAs and havent just upped their coils to aftermarket . No Synergy Suspension coil owners that run 2"-3" sizes have any input?
How about the Icon Vehicle Dynamic Dual Rates or the Metal Cloaks?
Maybe the "definitive lift kit" thread is what I am missing......

Top Bottom