Hello From GoPro

GoPro

I have a hero 3 black, the battery life is horrid.
I got "The Frame" Camera mount so I can run a USB to keep it charged.

I would have used the extra space & weight you saved over there Hero2 and put a larger battery in.

What are the recommended settings to get an hours battery life?

Horrid as in 10min or more like 45min? What record settings are you running? If you set up in 1080/60 you should get 1hr+.

When you turn the camera on, does it just sometimes shut off on its own? How are you charging it, USB to a computer, wall or car charger? (Sorry for all the questions)

Let me know what you got, cause if there is a camera issue we can get it swapped out so that you have a usable product!

GoPro

Bah, just bought my hero 3 black edition! Love it though, really great camera. Only gripe is the aforementioned battery life, I solved this with the battery BacPac.

Question though, I had a micro HDMI cable that I tried to use with it, but the camera wouldn't detect it and I couldn't get to the media playback setting. I heard this is because the cable had integrated ethernet, is this the case? Also, is there going to be a firmware update released to fix this?

I have heard some issues with certain micro HDMI cables. Don't which they are specifically but I can ask the guys if you want me too. If not, I would recommend ours (of course) cause we know it works.

In a situation like this, we would have to see a significant uptick in this exact issue for it to become part of the future firmware update. I hate saying that, but its the nature of the tech beast these days.

PM me, I have an idea.

Christarp

Ah, it's not an issue for me currently, I just returned the cable and got another that does work. Was just curious if you had seen a large quantity of reports about that issue. Totally understand where you're coming from with the firmware, just curious

Firespyer

Horrid as in 10min or more like 45min? What record settings are you running? If you set up in 1080/60 you should get 1hr+.

When you turn the camera on, does it just sometimes shut off on its own? How are you charging it, USB to a computer, wall or car charger? (Sorry for all the questions)

Let me know what you got, cause if there is a camera issue we can get it swapped out so that you have a usable product!

15 min on a fresh battery.
I was shooting 1080 at 60fps on medium view w/ wifi on and connected to my nexus 7 for control.

I did just load the latest firmware, but I didn't see anything in the change log around battery life. I'll be using it this weekend, I'll let you know how it does now.

2Jeeps_1Girl

Just picked up a Hero 3 Black edition and cant wait to break it in. Of the four micro SD cards GoPro recommends for the Black edition, are there any significant differences between them?

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Welcome to the forum :standing wave: I love my gopro hero 3 silver. Did some experimenting this summer with it including this while up in Colorado this year:

devwil68

It seems that I was expecting the quality you see on TV...nope, and battery life isn't good at all! Other than that, it's ok.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

It seems that I was expecting the quality you see on TV...nope, and battery life isn't good at all! Other than that, it's ok.

I really have zero complaints with the quality. Although, my buddy got a silver edition and we could not get good picture quality out of it. No problems with either of our black editions. Except the lack of battery life.

Christarp

A lot of the quality definitely comes from post-processing, which requires a bit of skill (that I don't have). Keep in mind the cineform studio comes with the gopro so it's not any false-advertising either. Protune helps create those great shots as long as you know what you're doing in the cineform studio.

Doplar

GoPro and Jeeping

I bought my GoPro 3 for Scuba ... Guess I should figure out how I want to mount it to my wrangler and take it off roading with me.

mrmet1983

This is great I have a gopro and I have problems when I'm converting videos in the gopro program on my PC. I have a white and I'm shooting in 720 at 60fps but when I convert it in your program all my videos are in slow motion and i have it set to convert to the same as I'm shooting it so what could be the problem ?

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Rccrwlr

Sooooo, I have been talking to Eddie and we made the account switch from Jim to GoPro! Which I am really excited about, so the guy from Cardiff-by-The-Sea who posted below that was Jim....Yo, its GoPro. :clap2:

I have been with GoPro for 1.5 years. Which around here is a Loooooong time. Please feel free to ask me any questions about cameras, accessories, GoPro in general, if you have a charity and event that surrounds the Jeep/Motorsports world and want to work with us...We especially like working with core/endemic outlets as well those big commercial conglomerate types. I started working in Customer Support (Feb. 2012), so maybe I have talked to you on the phone?? 3 months ago I moved to Cardiff from SF to work specifically with all Motorsports outlets as the Marketing Coordinator. There are three people in total, two managers and me. :rock:

I am working on specific WAYALIFE discount codes for users here. Let me know if a group buy is a good idea? Contests, trivia...etc.

Ok, more to come. I am excited to be involved here and really excited to get on the road with you all.

Thank you.

-Jim at GoPro

So we picked up a GoPro black and have been using it with our Drone plane and the video is pretty nice. Now we want to do some editing and add music etc. what software do you suggest for a PC user?

1979 Jeep CJ5 - rccrwlr
2008 Jeep JKUR - pheartmtngot

SWRUBI

Welcome to the board. Where are all the pictures of where you guys are mounting these on your Jeep at! Please share.

My other half bought me a HERO2 in June and I just got around to unpackaging in and start playing with it (I wanted her to take it back and save the money for more pressing things?).

Looks like it will be some fun stuff now that I am delving into it!

GoPro, Can I buy and use a 64GB HCSD card for this or am I limited to using only a 32GB card?

So we picked up a GoPro black and have been using it with our Drone plane and the video is pretty nice. Now we want to do some editing and add music etc. what software do you suggest for a PC user?

1979 Jeep CJ5 - rccrwlr
2008 Jeep JKUR - pheartmtngot

You can use the GoPro editor which is found on their website. There is a youtube video on how to use it. Pretty simple to use. I am hoping for the to wing the GoPro Hero3+

I just downloaded the video editor and hope to use it soon.

R/
Will

ltdanlj

I've had a GoPro2 since it first came out, and love it! But lately I haven't been able to re-charge my Wifi Remote :grayno:

Any tips to get it working again?

I've had a GoPro2 since it first came out, and love it! But lately I haven't been able to re-charge my Wifi Remote :grayno:

Any tips to get it working again?

Have you tried downloading the app for a smartphone? I did for the GoPro Hero3 and love it. I can see what the camera is aimed at and can control the camera just like the remote.

R/
Will

Top Bottom