VIDEO - Jeep | 2016 Easter Jeep Safari (Our Tessa is a STAR!!)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
During the 50th Annual Moab Easter Jeep Safari, Cindy and I got a chance to go wheeling with the great guys and gals from Jeep and they just posted up a short video highlighting the fun that they had. What really cool is that they loved our little Tessa enough to give her a spot in the video. Check it out :D

Here's a screen shot of Tessa from the Jeep video.
tessa.jpg

And, if you look real close, you can even see a shot of me :cool:
cliffhanger.jpg

Just saw this on Facebook. Is she a Border Collie or an Aussie? I am amazed at what Jeeps will do stock. I can't wait for mine to finally get here. Just a few more weeks.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Tessa is a Border Collie.

And an AMAZING Border Collie at that. When I met her, she was very calm, very nice, and very lovable. The perfect combination and one you do not normally see in Border Collies. My personal experience is that they are very hyper active and need a lot of attention/running.

Yes, Tessa is a star, in more ways than one.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And an AMAZING Border Collie at that. When I met her, she was very calm, very nice, and very lovable. The perfect combination and one you do not normally see in Border Collies. My personal experience is that they are very hyper active and need a lot of attention/running.

Yes, Tessa is a star, in more ways than one.

LOL!! Believe me, Tessa (like ALL Border Collies) would be hyperactive and a crazy handful if we didn't work at home and give her a LOT of attention. You just get to see her at her best :crazyeyes: :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! Great video. Two questions: 1) aerial shots taken by drone? 2) So you bring Tessa to Moab. I was asking about dogs in Moab a few weeks ago. Thoughts? http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=35544

1. Yes, the Jeep camera crew had a drone.
2. Typically, we don't bring Tessa as you cannot bring dogs into any of the National Parks such as Canyon Lands or Arches. Also, there is cryptobiotic soil everywhere and it's frowned upon to even walk on it let alone let a dog run around on. Depending on the time of year, it can be really hot out there as well. We brought her with us on this last trip because it was so last minute and couldn't find anyone to take care of her. Also, we knew what trails we'd be going on ahead of time and knew we'd be okay.

GraniteCrystal

2. Typically, we don't bring Tessa as you cannot bring dogs into any of the National Parks such as Canyon Lands or Arches. Also, there is cryptobiotic soil everywhere and it's frowned upon to even walk on it let alone let a dog run around on. Depending on the time of year, it can be really hot out there as well. We brought her with us on this last trip because it was so last minute and couldn't find anyone to take care of her. Also, we knew what trails we'd be going on ahead of time and knew we'd be okay.

Makes sense. Can you recommend some dog-friendly trails in Moab? Love driving the Jeep. Love being with my dog. Makes me sad to leave Oliver at home when we go do something he'd love so much.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Makes sense. Can you recommend some dog-friendly trails in Moab? Love driving the Jeep. Love being with my dog. Makes me sad to leave Oliver at home when we go do something he'd love so much.

You're fine on the Sand Flats trails (Hell's Revenge and Fins-n-Things) and you're okay up on any of the Triple Threat trails or Metal Masher. Outside of that, it's a tough call due to the cryptobiotic soil and of course, you aren't even supposed to have a dog in your Jeep at any of the National Parks (Elephant Hill, White Rim, Klondike Bluffs, Tower Arch, etc.)

GraniteCrystal

You're fine on the Sand Flats trails (Hell's Revenge and Fins-n-Things) and you're okay up on any of the Triple Threat trails or Metal Masher. Outside of that, it's a tough call due to the cryptobiotic soil and of course, you aren't even supposed to have a dog in your Jeep at any of the National Parks (Elephant Hill, White Rim, Klondike Bluffs, Tower Arch, etc.)

Noted. Much thanks Eddie.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Oh come on. Tessa has a place with us, if we didn't live hours apart. :)

She's the one dog that I would trust she listens better than kids!

Last edited:
Top Bottom