Trail Raider Photo Diary/Build Thread

Dave was telling me he used a forklift from work to lift his jeep when he was installing his DTD. And it actually dropped on him. That shit must have been scary as hell.

Ah. Didn't know. I did my budget boost a couple years ago with a forklift. It didn't drop on us though. Lol. We had railroad ties as cribbing also.

Dave was telling me he used a forklift from work to lift his jeep when he was installing his DTD. And it actually dropped on him. That shit must have been scary as hell.

I can neither confirm nor deny the methods used to raise the jeep :eek: however, I can assure you the jeep did not drop ON ME or anyone for that matter. :whew:

Also, Long arm only... no DTD... yet :fingerscrossed:

Last edited:
Well, after bending the Driverside rear axle flange out on the trails this past weekend, the jeep got some love today after work. Came home to find these sitting on the front porch. Thanks again Trail Jeeps!

1475810121116.jpg

Here is what's in the box, forged 4340 chrome - moly beautifulness

1475810177969.jpg

I started with the Driverside as being that shaft was the damaged one and what do you know

1475810211320.jpg

1475810277954.jpg

1475810226175.jpg

Looks like I also started to twist the splines... well timing is everything I guess.

The rear brake pads are also starting to show some age... might be time for some progrips shortly :thumb:

I also did a quick and easy 25k oil change.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Well, after bending the Driverside rear axle flange out on the trails this past weekend, the jeep got some love today after work. Came home to find these sitting on the front porch. Thanks again Trail Jeeps!

View attachment 225852

Here is what's in the box, forged 4340 chrome - moly beautifulness

View attachment 225853

I started with the Driverside as being that shaft was the damaged one and what do you know

View attachment 225854

View attachment 225856

View attachment 225855

Looks like I also started to twist the splines... well timing is everything I guess.

The rear brake pads are also starting to show some age... might be time for some progrips shortly :thumb:

I also did a quick and easy 25k oil change.

It is ridiculous how easy it is to bend the flanges on the stock shafts! You can literally bend them at the mall if you hit a curb just right. Hopefully that fixed any squeaks you had!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It is ridiculous how easy it is to bend the flanges on the stock shafts! You can literally bend them at the mall if you hit a curb just right. Hopefully that fixed any squeaks you had!

Honestly, from what I've read, I was supprised they took as much beating as they did considering the 13.5" wide, 37" toyo's on big offset slab wheels and how often we try to wheel. I would say they held their own for stock parts. I had honestly thought the fronts would be the first to go, but it is whatever it is. The jeep is back together and running great! No more squeaks, so I'm happy!

Finally, get that soft top on! :)

This!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

haha, the softtop is on the jeep now... But I did enjoy Friday-Sunday evening naked... I decided to button her back up on sunday night while it was pooring rain outside because the weather called for thunderstorms yesterday... But somehow I managed to dodge every raindrop yesterday anyway :idontknow:

Last edited:
Top Bottom