Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

Kyle7R

Guys, some progress was made...

20170112_191335.jpg

Picked the press up late, so haven't pulled them yet. But will get started on them again in the morning.

One thing I forgot, was the stuff needed to grease the ball joints. I have the grease gun, any particular grease that I should look to pick up?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
I thought so too, but reading through the paper that came with them made me think otherwise. I'll read through it again, about to get started back working on it.

If anything, you can just squeeze it with grease till it shoots out. Wouldnt hurt to take the extra precaution lol
As for the grease brand. I just got whichever stick they had at pep boys. Might of been lucas, cant remember.

Kyle7R

If anything, you can just squeeze it with grease till it shoots out. Wouldnt hurt to take the extra precaution lol
As for the grease brand. I just got whichever stick they had at pep boys. Might of been lucas, cant remember.
Looks like you were right, they are greased already. Might hit them with a bit before putting everything back together.

For progress, I got the top one out easy, the bottom is being a bitch. But that balljoint is completely shot. Might not be helping the situation..

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Looks like you were right, they are greased already. Might hit them with a bit before putting everything back together.

For progress, I got the top one out easy, the bottom is being a bitch. But that balljoint is completely shot. Might not be helping the situation..

Yeah, i had trouble with both of them. The C gussets made it a huge bitch to take them off. Yeah, both my lowers were fried as well.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
What are you using to remove them? I have gussets and they posed zero issue. I was using a snap on bj press.

At first i was using a rental one from autozone. Didnt have the right length parts or something im guessing. But thats when my mechanic buddy came to me out and brought his BJ press. Which also was a snap on, so i guess you can say it was a snap after that.

Kyle7R

What are you using to remove them? I have gussets and they posed zero issue. I was using a snap on bj press.

At first i was using a rental one from autozone. Didnt have the right length parts or something im guessing. But thats when my mechanic buddy came to me out and brought his BJ press. Which also was a snap on, so i guess you can say it was a snap after that.
That's exactly why I rented from advanced auto over auto zone. They had a full kit, with an entire set of adapters.

I got it all done, minus fully greasing the lowers. Need to get a needle adapter for the grease gun.

Napalm

My Houston guys - planning another spring time Barnwell trip! 2 solid days of wheeling with one night of camping and good times! Just waiting for a few things to fall into place with work so I can nail down a date and post up a thread.

Thinking Late March/April/Early May. How's that? I'll try and give 2 months notice.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

My Houston guys - planning another spring time Barnwell trip! 2 solid days of wheeling with one night of camping and good times! Just waiting for a few things to fall into place with work so I can nail down a date and post up a thread.

Thinking Late March/April/Early May. How's that? I'll try and give 2 months notice.

Sounds good! Post up what dates you're thinking when you know your schedule better.

Kyle7R

Let's do it!

Shoot, I'm ready to go this weekend ;)

Jackal01

Yasss!! Just throwing my unsolicited two cents in...

Last 3 weekends in April are best for me although 14-16 and 21-23 are preferred. March is out. Most of May is out.

Last edited:

Benito

Caught the Bug
That's exactly why I rented from advanced auto over auto zone. They had a full kit, with an entire set of adapters.

I got it all done, minus fully greasing the lowers. Need to get a needle adapter for the grease gun.

I helped a friend replace his ball joints yesterday and we rented the 4x4 adapter kit and the press kit from O'reillys. we did not have all the right parts, but found that adding an old pinion nut (or possibly my old sector shaft/pitman arm but) into the mix helped us get the job done

Benito

Caught the Bug

Interested as well!

Top Bottom